Day

Reaction score
What you need is the standard seats from something like say a 172 Cup.

In fact how about we just do a straight swap.

Job done everyone's a winner (me more so)

;)

Reaction score
Things are looking a bit better today, thank you all very much for the tips. Much appreciated! 8)

Reaction score
Just did Chatham to Winchester and back again with no probs at all! Very comfortable infact....

As many have said, keep the seat back as upright as possible....Just don't let anyone else adjust the seat once you have got it sorted!!! ;-)

Don't sell the car!!!! Todays run has reminded me just what a great car we drive!

Reaction score
The car gets lots of stares on the motorway I noticed, although I was on an MPG run (just to see what it would do) so lots were coming past.

I reckon it must do something like 36MPG if you keep the speed 75ish or so. Not bad really. The Micra (1.4 auto) hire car I had before picking this up was only doing about 40MPG on the motorway.

Of course didnt buy the car for the economy but it isnt too bad compared with that 1,4 Nissan!

Reaction score
I get about 32 mpg on a good motorway run. Thats a mixture of cruising and "caining". It really will take on most things on the road. (Especially in this weather)

Come off the M25, onto the A3 and then the A31 along a piece of road called the hogs back. Had an E46 M3 all over me along the dual carriageways but everytime we got to the roundabouts the trophy had it!

The best thing is that most performance car drivers give it the respect it deserves which means you can have a bit of fun without either driver pushing the boundaries too far. Theres no better feeling than matching a £30k car in one that cost me just over £10k-and at the end said £30k car driver giving you the thumbs up!

Reaction score
Karlos said:
Come off the M25, onto the A3 and then the A31 along a piece of road called the hogs back. Had an E46 M3 all over me along the dual carriageways but everytime we got to the roundabouts the trophy had it!
quote]

thats a fun road to drive along!

Reaction score
Olliev8 said:
Karlos said:
quote]

thats a fun road to drive along!

Big time! The A31 from Guildford to Winchester is great. A proper "Trophy" route! A mixture of fast gradual turns, differing elevation, slow in, fast out bends, long straights and of course, roundabouts. Not that thats the only reason i go to visit my family in Wnchester tho! (It does help though! ;-)

When i had my elise the drive was a nightmare to do.....in the trophy it just felt perfectly suited and was a pleasure.

Car was ticking and stank when i got out outside my aunt's house yesterday!!! :)

Just got to be careful of the crossroads, pedestrian crossing points and u-turning points along the way....

Reaction score
I do find i get more back ache in the trophy than in do in most other cars (bar my 206gti which also seemed to have very limite adjustment). I think the bigges problem is that I can't have the seat base any closer to the wheel or my knees catch on the wheel, meaning I need a very upright seat position, which i do like but my lower back / upper hamstring flexibility doesn't. I'm sure if I bothered stretching before / after sport I would be fine, so it's my fault and not Renaults.

Reaction score
Berty said:
I do find i get more back ache in the trophy than in do in most other cars (bar my 206gti which also seemed to have very limite adjustment). I think the bigges problem is that I can't have the seat base any closer to the wheel or my knees catch on the wheel, meaning I need a very upright seat position, which i do like but my lower back / upper hamstring flexibility doesn't. I'm sure if I bothered stretching before / after sport I would be fine, so it's my fault and not Renaults.

It seems a common complaint for new owners (all of us seem to have posted about it!). You can get a comfortable position but you have to constantly adjust it by minature amounts until you find the right position.

You can adjust the back rest very slighty as well as the seat base. As said before, if the wheel adjusted for reach the problem would be solved. I've managed to find a good comprimise for comfort and control.

The position is no way as bad as with the Recaros i had in my CTR! I never got comfortable in that!

Reaction score
I must say that sometimes it pays to be of average/below average height sometimes! 8) I initially found the seat uncomfortable when driving down to Devon last Christmas. However, when I pushed the base of my spine right back into the seat and used the wrist-on-the-wheel adjustment priciple I found my ideal setting position and can now drive very comfortably for hours. In fact I like it so much that when I had an aching back over Christmas, I almost got out of bed and sat in the car!!

Only wish that I could wangle a nice supportive Recaro as my office chair... Better find a fast track MD scheme..! :lol:

Reaction score
Re:

quik5i1ver said:
I must say that sometimes it pays to be of average/below average height sometimes! 8) I initially found the seat uncomfortable when driving down to Devon last Christmas. However, when I pushed the base of my spine right back into the seat and used the wrist-on-the-wheel adjustment priciple I found my ideal setting position and can now drive very comfortably for hours. In fact I like it so much that when I had an aching back over Christmas, I almost got out of bed and sat in the car!!

Only wish that I could wangle a nice supportive Recaro as my office chair... Better find a fast track MD scheme..! :lol:

:lol:

Reaction score
texasjohn said:
I've had the car 3 days now, and done about 400 miles...It really is fantastic and I see why someone has termed the car 'Super Mario Kart'.

However, at the risk of sounding like a whinging so and so, my back and legs haven't stopped aching. After about 20 mins in the Clio I begin to get pain. Of course my test drive was about 10 minutes, if that. My bad. Anyway, I am sure that it is the fact that I can't adjust the seat height on the Recaros. I am not sure I had this problem in the FFs I test drove, despite the fact that I read the Recaros are 10mm lower than the FF seats. Having said that, it was only 10-15 min test drives in the FFs I went to see...

Does anyone have any suggestions? I read about Recaro subframes that might effectively lower the squab height another few mm or so. Maybe I am better off just going back to the Renault dealer although there is not much they can do to solve the issue; are they obliged to do anything, even? I guess it doesn't hurt to ask but there is nothing wrong with the car as such, it is just seemingly the seats or perhaps the fundamental ergonomics of the driving position and my own dimensions, although I dont have particularly long or short arms or legs, I am just your average 14st (a few pies ;) ) 5'10 bloke.

I came from a roadster so am used to a completely different driving position, but had a saloon car before and a Fabia before that, no problems with any of these cars, apart from the Fabia after about 5 or 6 hours.

There is a thread on here or CS, I forget which, where a chap goes on about replacing some 6mm nuts on the seat rail, or removing them and tightening it all back down, but I don't seem to be able to work out what he means due to the broken english he uses...any ideas, anyone?

Any suggestions gratefully received, I am just going off for a nice lie down!

I too find I'm constantly changing my driving position.

One main thing I like is to be in line with the steering wheel as much as possible rather than massively over the top of it, such as driving a van. Therefore I have it set on the highest setting and the seat slightly tilted backwards rather than straight upright. I do think the Recaros are some mm mounted too high causing this problem.

I'm wondering what hight difference using the Recaro subframes makes?