Reaction score
******* I hope this doesn't contravene any CT rules *******

Hi Guys,

I'm from ClioSport and we're desperately trying to get 30 people on board to get a cheap Top Mount deal from Kam Racing.

The GB spans a few owner's sites:
- ClioSport
- Williamsclio
- Clio16valver

These are the items:
http://www.kamracing.co.uk/renault-...pmounts-renault-clio-mk2-rs-inc-cup-1523.html

Prices we've managed to get are (inc VAT) :
£149.50 for 10+
£138 for 20+
£126.50 for 30+

UK Mainland shipping on these is £8 (excludes Scotish highlands)

The list currently stands at 22 names that have paid a deposit to:
http://www.kamracing.co.uk/club-dis...op-mount-group-buy-based-on-20-band-2600.html

The deadline for people putting down deposits is TODAY (11/12/09) which doesn't give people much time to sort themselves out... :oops:

General Information:
My Clio - a 172 Cup - along with many other Mk2's, suffers from a slight 'knock' from the strut top mount, virtually every time I pull away from a stop. I've desperately tried to find a cure (new OE top mounts, new dampers, V6/ Trophy washer fix, etc.) but nothing solved the problem indefinitely. According to reports, these items are supposed to remedy this problem AND improve the front-end feel.

Old variants of the AST top mounts had to be machined specifically to fit different coilovers, but these are a universal fit that also fit an OE setup.

No drilling of the chassis is required.

The lead-time is - according to Kam Racing - going to be very short. Thankfully. :D

Thanks for listening and I hope some of you guys join us to benefit from the cheapest price available!!

Reaction score
Trophy No.
The Sachs damper have a thicker shaft than a normal 182 damper though I'm not sure about the threaded part, will these fit do you know?
I have been thinking about these to replace the combrake units, I assume they are the same as the combrake fit both Trophy and 182.

Reaction score
I would love to, but I'm broke at the moment :( It would be interesting to hear what you think when you have them fitted.

Reaction score
hoolio said:
The Sachs damper have a thicker shaft than a normal 182 damper though I'm not sure about the threaded part, will these fit do you know?
I have been thinking about these to replace the combrake units, I assume they are the same as the combrake fit both Trophy and 182.

I can only suggest that you contact Kam Racing yourself. There do appear to be Trophy owners on our list of *PAID* individuals over on ClioSport though. Sorry I can't be of more help...

Luke335 said:
I would love to, but I'm broke at the moment :( It would be interesting to hear what you think when you have them fitted.

C'mon Luke - flexible friend? :D

Reaction score
So chaps and chapesses - has anyone submitted a depisit yet? I'm trying to guage how many names we've got!

:)

Reaction score
I thought that various people on Clio sport had solved the problem by fitting a small spacer!

Reaction score
Nice to have the adjustability though George.
Tempting.... looks a quality bit of kit, my top mounts fine however.
The CT tyres wear on insides as it is let alone with more -ve!

Reaction score
Trophy No.
George are you talking about the struts mentioned by mat or the top mounts.
Pete what top mounts are you using, the oe renault?

Reaction score
Only std oe hoolio.
Car only done fairly careful 26k, apart from odd track excursion.. :wink:

Reaction score
Hoolio

I am just referring to the problem of the top of the strut apparently catching the inside of the wheelarch on lock, which was one of the reasons mentioned at the beginning of this thread.

Best regards

Reaction score
Trophy No.
^^Ah right.

Been looking at the AST for a little while as they do look a much better bit of kit than the combrake ones that i have fitted but I also would like to know if these fit the hole in the turret better than the combrake, one of mine has moved very slightly which must have affected the geometry. there should be a natural tendency for them to go to the highest point in the turret even if the hole is larger than the diameter of the mount but if I could find one that filled it perfectly I would feel much happier.