Reaction score
Good spot re the seal on the windscreen!!!! Very very good spot 8) 8) 8)

O.

Reaction score
On a seperate note did you see the yellow RS on the site which has fire damage? They advertise it as easy DIY repair!!!! Errr... OK!

O.

Reaction score
They have a nice combination between liquid yellow and black going on with the 182!

Reaction score
Gareth said:
i was told by the breaker that it was a Cat C..... it can still be sold..... doing an HPI check i'm sure would bring up the fact that the car has a history and was written off.

i never got a copy of the assessors report so can't really give any further information than i have previously posted about the extent of the damage.

sadly i have visions of someone joining up on here in a few weeks proclaiming that they have bought themselves a bargain..... hope i am wrong :roll:

Gareth give the reg to someone on CS they will do a free HPI for you.

I posted who can do me a HPI check & got loads of response.

Would be interesting to see if it shows as CAT ??

Reaction score
IIRC the Renaultsport thread, the reg shown in the picture is the original reg plate: FN55 VLZ.

Reaction score
Am I the only person here to be glad that 328 is still alive and breathing? Obviously whoever buys it knows it won't be perfect but I'm guessing that it'll be a whole heap cheaper (£4K maybe?) I don't see why it should be incinerated because of Cat D damage. Because I know of te damage sustained from talking to Gareth I would be more inclined to purchase this car, still make a good track car wouldn't it, Hell you bend the shit out of the chassis and it would still handle better than a Focus RS (just kidding Marky-P :lol:), a 206 GTI 180.

Or have I missed something completely? Would it be like resurrecting Anna-Nicole Smith and saying "Look guys - ain't she a beaut? Only £50 on eBay and another ten for the jump-leads to keep her going..."

Reaction score
i think the concern here is that they havent been as honest as they could have been and when the thing that sets the Trophy aside is the handling, i wouldnt be happy driving it again knowing there was £12.5k of damage..... which included subframe, suspension and wheel geometry being all over the place having whacked 3 if not 4 kerbs

Cue

Reaction score
Trophy No.
yeh it' sthe dishonesty that's concerning me. They've obviously lied in the ad, this is illegal, it's not that they haven't provided information (which trading standards were reffering to) it's that they've specifically said light damage.

Reaction score
STA70481.jpg

no damage apparently to the subframe..... ^^

STA70461.jpg

original bumper as it was - rebonded by the looks of it and original grill refitted

Reaction score
just giving this thread a bit of a bump.... especially as the car is still available and there's been a recent influx of new members looking at Trophys