Reaction score
Not sure i would trust buying that after seeing the pics gareth put up!!!!

Cheap to repair???? wonder what other hidden parts will need replacing?

Reaction score
Have updated the Owners thread.

Gareth - they are stating it seems that it is purely cosmetic damage. Is this the case you think?

O.

Reaction score
They may have fixed most things so who knows?

But then if they fixed most thing (e.g. windscreen) why not repair everything since the only things that remain are cosmetic - unless they are trying to pass the car off as having less damage than it actually received?

O.

Reaction score
i have called them.... the car was involved in a low speed crash, possibly with a traffic bollard which caused damage to the bumper, left a small dent in the bonnet and cracked the windscreen. no other damage....

the car hasn't sustained any chassis damage, no suspension damage and is the best salvage car they have bought in a long-time

draw your own conclusions....... :roll:

Reaction score
oh and upon identifying myself, he let on that the car has had a new windscreen, steering wheel and dashboard top.

the Recaro has a small nick in the top of it but is otherwise fine

Reaction score
its quite worrying really that they will blatently lie to people about it!

Reaction score
Shabba said:
Poor bugger that buys it. Hope they look on here 1st :!:

it's for this reason i've posted.... i sincerely hope that before buying it the person researches the history of the car over the 3 main forums (here, cliosport and renaultsport)

Reaction score
Spoken to Trading standards. It all depends on what cat write off the insurance company gave it. Was told that if insurance company decided they didn't want to pay for repairs and wrote it off that way then it could be resold,

I did inform of the concerns all have over the description the seller has put up and that the lack of information on damage.... obviously the insurance company will have better indea of exact damage via assessor they used. might be worth asking for copy?!?

The bloke i spoke to did say about a clause in advertising, can't remember exact wording, but along lines of 'don't have to put exact info on adver, becasue they have said its damage its down to person buying to go vist and ask exact info before paying'....... i know this doesn't seem fair at all.

fingers crossed people do the digging on the vehilce back ground and get the vehilce examined before buying!!!!!

Reaction score
I thought the only way a vehicle could be sold in this way was to state 'sold as seen' in the advert.

Could be wrong mind.

Reaction score
i was told by the breaker that it was a Cat C..... it can still be sold..... doing an HPI check i'm sure would bring up the fact that the car has a history and was written off.

i never got a copy of the assessors report so can't really give any further information than i have previously posted about the extent of the damage.

sadly i have visions of someone joining up on here in a few weeks proclaiming that they have bought themselves a bargain..... hope i am wrong :roll:

Reaction score
Gareth said:
sadly i have visions of someone joining up on here in a few weeks proclaiming that they have bought themselves a bargain..... hope i am wrong :roll:

I think it's inevitable...at some point.

Reaction score
you can only hope that a person looking at buying a trophy would at least check out one of the forums and see the posts about it!

Reaction score
[geek mode]

They've not used the correct windscreen seal either - it has a lip as used on sunroof models (i think!)

[/geek mode]

Reaction score
fazedesign said:
[geek mode]

They've not used the correct windscreen seal either - it has a lip as used on sunroof models (i think!)

[/geek mode]

Geek, geek, geek. :D :D :D :D

Reaction score
I remember some guy on here before Xmas asking Trophy owner opinions of getting a 'deal' via an insurance write off, hopefully it won't be too tempting :? Regardless of 'buyer beware', surely what that salvager is doing is false advertising or something?

Incase someone uses search :wink: : Cit-Ren, CitRen, Cit Ren, eBay, partsgateway