Reaction score
just been into benfield scotswod road this morning for a touch up pen for the trophy...they just got 2 197s in yesterday....black and silver...
the black looks very like the mk1 172 black pearl which was so much nicer on the eye than the 182 black gold metallic,i think this is the best colour to have the 197 in so far...
still not convinced about the car though....its definatley missing something,a roof spoiler would be a good start....the brakes and the front arches i do like though....but the seats do look a bit like re trimed clio williams seats with the big square chunky side bolsters....but i suppose once youve had recaros nothing else will do...

Reaction score
Passanger ride

Called in at my dealers and went out for a quick passenger ride in the 197 yesterday with the salesman

First impressions:

Much bigger and more refined

Standard seats great and seem to hug you more than the recaros in my trophy

Sounds great when reved hard

Not as raw as the trophy and suspension set up much softer although it felt very well sorted on the few corners we did go around quickly

Gearbox feels excellent / much better than the 182

Breaks from a passengers perspective felt excellent (brembos so they should be)

Not cheap when if you spec one up £17k+, the cornering lights are a good idea and only £150 option

Would i buy one?

Probably, but not now especially as my trophy is only 10 months old. I think ill wait to see what the cup version is like due out in about 12 months. New civic r will be out soon so intersting to see how price and performance compare. I also liked the look of he megane F1 special editon which they had at the dealers as a demo.

Day

Reaction score
Yes, Cornering lights!

Shocked? Well...

An adaptive light illuminates the course of the road by pivoting the headlight module to follow the twists and turns in the road. This greatly improves illumination of the road in front of the vehicle and to the sides, making it easier for the driver to anticipate the course of the road ahead. On the basis of several parameters including vehicle speed, steering angle and yaw rate, the system's control function calculates the necessary change in the position of the headlights and gives out the necessary signals.

It does on an Audi anyhow ;)

Reaction score
I've also sat in the new Clio 197, although I haven't driven in it. The seats in the Clio 197 are indeed much better than the ones in my 172, much better side support.

I'm very anxious to try it out. I'm particularly interested in the close ratio six speed gearbox.

I must say that the new Clio's looks grows on you. The first time I saw it I thought it was very ugly, but now with the new RS, I'm starting to like it.

Reaction score
its across the road from the vickers tank factory on the tyne.. the fiat garage is about 4 miles closer to newcastle...on the same road though...
what was your coment yesterday all about?

Day

Reaction score
Whatever it was made no sense so I deleted the posts and moved it to the right section.

No biggie 8)