Reaction score
Hey guys,

This weekend im going to Silverstone to watch 'time attack', you can also put your car on track for 15 mins for £35.
Ive never done a track day before and dont wana chuck myself and the trophy in the deep end just yet, so thinking this would be a good little teaser for me.

Its the National circuit being used, my question is, would 15 mins be hard on brakes, tyres, e.t.c ??
I know this depends on how hard you corner, brake e.t.c but being my first track day and the fact i value my trophy im not gonna be trying to drive like the Stig.

Thanks
James

Reaction score
You'll be fine, just remeber not to put your handbrake on when you get back into the pits or you'll damage the pads.

15 minutes will be a good taster, if your not driving hard then it won't be too hard on the car.

Just keep it on the black stuff and out of the scenery :D

Reaction score
Thanks for the info dude, im gonna do the basics, check water, oil e.t.c and hopefully all goes well.
Theres gonna be few tegs on track so it should be an interesting play with them.

Reaction score
You can go as fast or slow as you like, just move over for faster cars. There is no pressure.

Its generally pretty safe as everyone is there for the same reason, going the same way, and with the same rules that are enforced all round the track. Probably safer than the road then :wink:

You'll enjoy yourself!

Reaction score
Thanks for the replys guys and yes il take it easy when im out there, definately not gonna get to confident as its my first track day!

Thanks
James

Reaction score
One track day completed! and what a great time i had, enjoyed every second of it and so surprised with what the clio kept up with.
As it was a Japanese car show i was the only french muck on there lol. In my session i was on track with -

MR2 Turbo's
EK9 civic's
Evo's
Subaru's
Standard R33 GTR
R35 Skyline

and a few others, obviously being alot less powerful than any of the other cars on track i was getting abit worried but found out that i could carry so much more speed through and out of the corners that i could hang on to the other cars on the straights, passing the R33 GTR (was surprised how slow this was), passed some of the MR2's, some of the subarus.......None of the evo's lol. The best play was with one particular EK9 civic, we were constantly over taking each other. Then came the R35 GTR...WOW so so fast.
Overall had a great time and im now hooked!!!!!! The pads seem ok but it looks as if the rear tyres have taken more of a beating than the fronts !??

Reaction score
strange that, my rears always come of worse!!! hot weather just melts em. glad you enjoyed it, the trophy comes alive on track :D

Cue

Reaction score
Trophy No.
i think it's down to the 3 wheeling effect, no scientific facts to back it up but my rears also tend to wear quicker under track use than the fronts, which is bizarre. Perhaps the greater weight bearing load of the outside wheel is the answer....?

Reaction score
Just to be awkward :wink: i wear the front's more than the rears on track, as to be expected on a front wheel drive car.

Chris

Edited to add: it could be due to the amount of camber i run on the rear -2' that wear is less of a concern on the rear.