Reaction score
You don't get new nuts and bolts from BG, but you can get them from Renault if they're badly corroded, but they're pretty strong so surface rust won't be a problem. Give them a scrub with a wire brush and a spray with grease/oil after fitting to help slow rusting. You may consider the Eibach adjustable camber bolts so the alignment can be set up properly, but i remember mark fish said he didn't like to use them so talk to him if you're gona go there. You can check the condition of the top mount rubber and bearings to see how much dirt and muck is in there, but someone else will have to let you know a definative answer as how to judge wear.

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Mark Fish wanted to enlarge the top holes to enable more negative camber to be dialed in which I wasn't happy to do but had gone along there with a different solution anyway. Top mounts, depends on the mileage. Certainly soak/clean the thrust bearing and re grease as mine were pretty horrible.

Reaction score
I think they just deal with the internals of the shocks at BG.so you might want to paint them when they return.

Its always good practice to replace nuts and bolts if you can,same for the top mount.you dont want to be doing things twice lol.

Just out of interest does anyone know how much the MF re-valved rear shocks cost ?

Last edited:
Reaction score
Hoolio, question,:
When you went to Fish's, how did you get more camber if you didn't go for the bore out??
What was your solution and did it get the required result?
All the best.
Marl

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Not at all, always happy to help if I can. I spent a while getting a long post together which was then lost by the forum, which is frustrating. I will try again later.

Reaction score
before you submit, do a highlight and copy to the clipboard, it's playing up somewhat!

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Hoolio, question,:
When you went to Fish's, how did you get more camber if you didn't go for the bore out??
What was your solution and did it get the required result?
All the best.
Marl

Pm replied to.

Reaction score
Update 131 and the Fish experience!!!
Finally rebuilt my fronts with Mark Fish springs and drove the car to said establishment for the full spring ,STD konis and Mark Fish geo set-up. Those guys are real professionals, everything adjusted, fitted , checked and then re-checked. Neg 2 on the front, 5 clicks back from STD on the front shocks and one turn on the back. My handling is now solid, the faster you go the more it soaks up the bumps and camber changes with no fuss or fear, inspires smooth driving and safe apex's.
I cannot recommend the Mark Fish suspension setup enough , the trophy is set up as it should have been with no compromise in ride comfort, if you enjoy driving this really hits the spot.
If you track more than the fast road driving I do , just bang some more clicks on the dampers and enjoy the smooth stuff at even faster speed!!. I've had,scubbies and an EVO8MR which ran350/350 and to be honest in real world terms the little trophy set up like this is hard to shake off!
Many thanks to Mark F and Alex who made me feel very welcome and impressed me with their motorsport and engineering knowledge, next on my list is the STD cat flow upgrade Mark does and a RS192 exhaust fit which I'll get The fish boys to do.
All the best
Marl