Reaction score
It's a feature of the Trophy that's often forgotten, correct me if I'm wrong but it is unique to the Trophy right? Or was it an optional extra on the late FF 182's?

Anyway, does anyone still use theirs? I used to use it a lot when I first got the car to keep my license but I don't think I've used it for months now. I just don't feel like I'm drivng the thing with the cruise control on, it's really anti-Trophy if that makes sense.

Also, as there's quite a few new owners on here of late, they might not know that the click at the end of the accelerator pedal travel is the deactivation switch for the speed limiter, cool huh?

Reaction score
any new trophy owners would be well advised the thread "Trophy Secrets" for this and other gems :wink:

Cue

Reaction score
Trophy No.
lol, I use CC all the time on motorways - I got used to using it in the big enined cars I've been driving for a few years.... the limiter though I've only used a couple of times....

I don't know why but I just feel unsafe when using the limiter - if I need to accelerate out of a problem, you can't.... having said that I believe it disengages when the throttle is stamped on...

Reaction score
Cue said:
having said that I believe it disengages when the throttle is stamped on...

(swear) Do you even read my posts Cue?!? :lol:

Cue

Reaction score
Trophy No.
sort of loose interest after the first para lol, kiddin :oops:

erm yeh anyway - is it snowing down south? :-w

Reaction score
I use the CC on the 182 all the time on the motorway tbh.

I've only used the speed limiter a couple of times & that too was on the motorway, but in the sections under going road works. So easy to stray out of the limit & land 3 points.

Reaction score
I use the speed limiter function every single time I drive my car.

Reaction score
Never used either the cruise control or the speed limiter, just never felt the need to. Don't even know how to activate them! Maybe I am missing out on something, but personally I like to be constantly checking what speed I am doing etc, rather than just letting the electronics do the work. Having said that I don't do much town or motorway driving...

Reaction score
oliie said:
I use the speed limiter function every single time I drive my car.

OliS said:
Never used either the cruise control or the speed limiter, just never felt the need to. Don't even know how to activate them! Maybe I am missing out on something, but personally I like to be constantly checking what speed I am doing etc, rather than just letting the electronics do the work. Having said that I don't do much town or motorway driving...

Same name, very different philosophy...

Reaction score
Use the CC on long journeys when the roads are nice and clear, the speed limiter is a great idea, use it pretty much every day. Great for driving through places where I don't know the speed camera locations. Do find people sitting up my arse when i set it to 30 though.

Reaction score
I pretty much use it to save fuel. I set it to 75mph and cruise up to Newark from London at one constant speed :) Nice and easy.. don't have ot worry about slowing down when going up hill and going too fast when going down. Really makes driving a breeze and amazing for fuel economy.

I am genuinely surprised that other manafacturers havn't considered the 'pit lane' system. It is pure genius!

O.

Reaction score
Never used the speed limiter, buy have occasionally used the cruise through roadworks. It's an awkward system compared to the Honda i drove before so I can't be arsed most of the time!

Reaction score
The speed limiter switch was always on in my car. Great for the motorway, set at 42mph for the M1 roadworks and set at 80mph the rest of the time. However, used the cruise control very rarely as even at 5:30 in the morning there's still enough traffic to make it impractical.

Reaction score
I've used cruise and pit lane on the motorway a few times, it's good for road works with those average speed camaras in case you don't realise your speed has crept up.

Nik

ClioTrophy Admin
Reaction score
Trophy No.
I use the speed limiter mode loads, never really use cruise control. I've never been comfortable taking my feet off the pedals using cruise control, but setting the limiter to the desired speed and resting with the pedal flat to the floor is fine for long journeys.

The limiter is on all the Clios with cruise control as far as i know, so all 182's and some late 172's.

Reaction score
Yep use CC on a clear motorway, it's a bit useless if there's lots of traffic - once you get used to it, it's great! I used it to drive over to the 'ring in Germany and saved the "real" driving for when I arrived there!