Reaction score
Anyone have them on their Trophies? I'm tempted to get some rear ARB's. Hopefully going to go with the Mark Fish sus set up at the end of the summer also. If anyone has that total combination would be good to hear your thoughts.

Reaction score
I've been looking into this too, not seen any trophies with them fitted so difficult to know how it would change the characteristics. But then it's only bolted on so won't change it permenantly. Hope someone on here has one fitted

Reaction score
Quite tempted to give it a punt. £150 ish. Maybe ask Mark Fish, see what he thinks.

Reaction score
Jamie said:
Quite tempted to give it a punt. £150 ish. Maybe ask Mark Fish, see what he thinks.

:) thats what I've been thinking too. I'm sure either Fred (BTM) or Yozza (Yozzasport) did a test of it in performance car or french car magazine.

Reaction score
I've seen people rave about them on 182's not sure if there will be much difference if on a T. Hope it'll only add to it.

Reaction score
Are you the same Jamie on cliosport I assume (same name and trophy :lol: ) looking at group buy?

Reaction score
Check out Columbo ;)

Yeah that's me. If I can get them cheapish I think I may give it a go. Always sell them on, won't lose too much. Tempted to get the Mark Fish setup so hopefully he can tie it all in.

Reaction score
Yeah, hopefully a trader will put a group buy together but have to see. If we can get a few people maybe put a private one together.

Reaction score
I've not experienced the rear Whiteline bar on a Clio, but I did fit the uprated (thicker than OEM) adjustable rear anti-roll bar on my Celica GT4 ST205 and it was fantastic. Turn in was very good, cornered very flat, rear end much more communicative, in fact on stiffest setting made car kick it's tail out, which was someway removed from the very pretictable understeer the car had as standard.

I also fitted the thicker front & like the Clio rear as didn't have one as standard to my Suzuki Ignis Sport. Car went from being very able and competent car to he very pointy, a little nervous on the straight ahead, but blooming amazing turn in and flat planted rear end. Emmas dad, engineer for Cosworth, 1976 UK CCC under 1600cc rally champion so knows his stuff drove it and said he instantly knew why they were so good for JWRC but as road car a little to nervous for him, I loved it as i like cars to be like that, not to nanny like as many newer cars are.

I'm very eagre to try one on my Clio.

On our track day/road rally Fiat Cinquecento which has full independent rear suspension as standard so no ant roll built in like Clio type cars do with rear beam we have made our own rear anti-roll bar out of a front MGF item, it works brilliantly, one of the best things we have done to it.

For £150 you can't really go wrong, cheanenoufh to try and see if you like, but it will increase turn in and make steering sharper so more nervous on straight ahead.

Reaction score
What do you mean worrying in a straightline? Very crashy and bump steery?

Reaction score
It's not worrying, nervous describes a car that is very keen to change direction, so if your say driving along a motorway which is straight you can find yourself constantly correcting the steering as car seeks out every camber change, it's eagre to change direction. It's why so many new cars are very dead steering wise on the straight ahead, especially on quick steering racks fitted on power steering.

I like my cars being a little nervous as makes for a far that feels alive, others may find it a little tiring on longer journies. It's all down to preferance.

By fitting a rear ant-roll bar you have to understand it is a spring acting across the suspension therefore direction changes are faster as front end will now turn in more. If fitting the bar to a Clio i would start on softest setting get used to the change of car dynamics and then adjust firmer as you get a feel of the car as the stiffer the rear bar the more pointy the front end become and more likely to get oversteer as opposed to standard and safer for average driver understeer that's built into just about every single car.

Watch say BTTC last wk watch Gordon Sheddons save in the Civic where back end steps out car turns about 110degrees yet he keeps his foot in and drags it round, you can't do that with a rwd car, or a normal understeer fwd car.

Reaction score
Luke335 fitted one and seemed pleased with the results. Personally, since the T has such limited droop at the rear, once it is three wheeling (quite often) all the load is on the outside rear wheel, the arb can not increase the rear roll stiffness - so can not really see the point - may help in high speed corners, but certainly not low speed ones.

Reaction score
I have a whiteline rarb. I've had it on for a while, and at the same time went to -2.0 degrees front camber.

The car is amazing now, turn in is lightening fast and any understeer there was before has gone now. I love it. The downside is that the back can be twichy, I wont pretend the tc hasn't saved me on 2 occasions. Although it was greasy in both situations.

To be honest I don't know how much the bar helps, or whether it is just the camber. As has been said before, with a beam axle there isn't such a dramatic change with an after market rarb. I have yet to disconnect it to see how the camber is on it's own. That'll be a trackday excersize.

I got my bar from API, near Leamington Spa.

viewtopic.php?f=20&t=8151

Reaction score
Camber change- yes ( I found a massive difference on track)

Rear arb - waste of time with the clio rear sus. set up imo !!

With a proper IRS - a different matter - but not one that concerns us...

Reaction score
Its worth the money.
In day to day driving how often do you get a wheel off the ground? Only on the odd roundabout and tight bend I would have thought. My Trophy isn't a regular on track and on the road the ARB along with the negative camber I added before made its handling more neutral and playfull. A little more grip at the front meant the grip at the rear was tested too. Not at all unstable though.
Mark Fish setup now.