Reaction score
Just picked up the trophy on monday and thinking about getting it undersealed for the winter. Can anyone recommend any places in the north east, where its worth taking it to.

Reaction score
I'm in Durham and about 10mins from newcastle. I'm not to sure if I'm going to get it done yet, just thought that with the age of the car it might need doing.

Reaction score
Cheers. Guess that'll save a few quid to go to something else. Need some tyres so might get a set of ps3's put on.

SoS

Reaction score
rather than underseal I would use Dinitrol or Bilt Hamber underbody coatings, you could probably do this DIY. Although the Clio is well protected underneath another coating of wax would not hurt for longevity. I noticed when I last cleaned mine there was a lot of crap in the edge of the wheelarches, I spent a lot of time cleaning this out as if not cleaned out it will end up with rusty arches!

Reaction score
^^This. The best thig you can do is clean out the dirt from the rear arch lip and just spray some wax sealant into that. We use Tectyl at work which is used for inside body panels during production. I have just cleaned the arches out on my new Trophy and will be sealing them when it stops raining!

Reaction score
I'm just in Chester-le-Street. I think that there used to be a trophy around there a while ago, haven't seen it for months now.

Reaction score
If you don't think Clios rust, get yours up on a ramp and have a look. I was surprised how much surface rust was starting off around the rear suspension, and there's a box section on each side that was also starting to go. The floor was perfect where it had been treated from the factory.

I jet washed the whole underside...am fortunate enough to have access to a ramp. Then wire brushed the surface rust off and brushed on some rust converter. After that I'd recommend Dinitol 3125 as an undercoat. Let that dry and spray some Dinitrol 4941 on afterwards. The aerosols are the best I found - less messy than the canisters with an air line.

You'll need about two-three cans of each to protect the vulnerable bits. Time and money well spent IMO.