Reaction score
Where are the deals to be had on PE2's at the moment?

Need two new fronts, definately noticed the wear today on the wet greasy surfaces!! :shock:

Cue

Reaction score
Trophy No.
i tired in vain to find some that were not extorsionate - best i could find were from costco but they were looking for £100 per tyre!

Reaction score
Cue said:
i tired in vain to find some that were not extorsionate - best i could find were from costco but they were looking for £100 per tyre!

That's a fair price and where I go sometimes considering it includes fitting.

I find national tyres are good if you tell them you've got a cheaper price. I know they can do min of £99 per tyre with fitting at the moment.

Reaction score
Trophy No.
I went to my main dealer and they were happy to match the best price I had been quoted which was £205 for 2, fitted but I was having a service and MOT.

Reaction score
I found em for £102.5 fitted somewhere.

Last time I got some I got 4 for 342 fitted at kwik fit!

Reaction score
Costco are doing doing 20% off 4 tyres until 22nd nov may be worth clubbing together if you only need two

Reaction score
The cheapest i have seem was £89 from Central Tyre but i got that quote in september so it may have changed by now.

Cue

Reaction score
Trophy No.
ive gone for toyo T1R's - couldn't find any hankooks in time and gave up on the PE2's... firstime i'll have had anything other type of rubber on my road wheels.

Reaction score
Hi cue
We use t1r for hills and sprints and have just fitted some to my 16" road wheels. First impression over pe2's isn't that good but will have a better idea after next Friday as I will have my suspension set at 2 deg negative and will be at oulton park for a track day.
Hope it's dry as I have a set of 888 on 15" wheels to try.

Reaction score
shiftspark said:
Hi cue
We use t1r for hills and sprints and have just fitted some to my 16" road wheels. First impression over pe2's isn't that good but will have a better idea after next Friday as I will have my suspension set at 2 deg negative and will be at oulton park for a track day.

I got the same first impression from T1-Rs, and also the same second and third impression. I've had them for about 2k miles now and still don't like them. At least they seem to be wearing quite a lot for that mileage so I may be able to wear them out quickly and get back to PE2s or try something else instead.

Reaction score
Berty said:
shiftspark said:
Hi cue

I got the same first impression from T1-Rs, and also the same second and third impression. I've had them for about 2k miles now and still don't like them. At least they seem to be wearing quite a lot for that mileage so I may be able to wear them out quickly and get back to PE2s or try something else instead.

Very interesting that Berty
I think pe2's are a better tyre but at £100 a tyre is very expensive as I can get 15" T1R's for £33 each so is a big saving.
I cant make my mind up as I cant decide whether everyone uses them as they are the best grip or cheap?
What are you using down south George from list 1a?
Cheers

Colin

Reaction score
^ yep but not at £33!
Only using the 16" wheels until the trackday then will get tyres for next year on the 15's

Reaction score
The rs2's are in a different league to nomal road tyres in the dry.
In the wet on par with most.
Track use was very impressed as also have set of speedlines with r888's.
Not got the ultimate grip of 888's but don't get the 'landy rumble' either :lol:
They seemed to last well which is good =D>

Reaction score
I think I'll give the RS2s a go next time. I chose the T1Rs partly because of cost, partly because of some decent right ups I'd heard, but I think if I have them again it will purely be down to cost. They're safe enough, but I haven't got the confidence really pushing on, I just don't get as much feel from them as I got from the PE2s, and they don't turn in on damp roads as sharply as the PE2s.

Reaction score
Colin - In the South West we can already use list 1b in the production class - so the answer is that we don't really use 1a's.

Clios are mainly PE2, whatever they came on (gash or otherwise), or V70A. The problem with the RS2 for competition is that it is also 1b, but too hard a compound to be competitive against A048, 888 or V70A. Which is the best of these three is totally a matter of opinion and what compound is available in the relevant size.

Best regards

George

BenG

ClioTrophy Moderator
Reaction score
Trophy No.
I had to pop into Kwik Fit today and while I was there I asked them to price up a set of PE2's as I need some pretty soon...Anyways he said they have 25% off until 30th November. £440 + Fitting, Balancingm, inflate them with Nitrogen + a £40 fuel voucher for sainsburys. I ordered 4 :D thought that was pretty good.

Reaction score
Just ordered two PE2's from my local place - £105 fitted.
Bloke said no problem getting hold of them - they'll be in by this afternoon!