Reaction score
Trophy No.
From what I've seen, the low mileage Trophy's tend to be the ones that haven't been properly looked after. Yet people are still prepared to pay a premium just because they have low miles...... crazy!

Well that's a sweeping statement if ever I heard one. Mine had it's first service at 1000 miles and all belts etc changed at 12,000. I've seen more old, high mileage ones without the major service than low mileage.

Reaction score
cheers tommo, thought I was looking at getting about 3k for a second there! seriously considering selling the T and getting a forced induction mk1 mx5 or putting a gti 6 lump in my 205 and pocketing the change.

Reaction score
Trophy No.
There is one with 101k on ending on eBay in a couple of days on an auction so will give a reasonable indication on what people are prepared to pay

Reaction score
Well that's a sweeping statement if ever I heard one. Mine had it's first service at 1000 miles and all belts etc changed at 12,000. I've seen more old, high mileage ones without the major service than low mileage.

Obviously I'm not just talking about a "major service" (i.e. belts being changed) here.

My statement was in reference to the majority of low mileage examples I've come across recently. Note, I never said all low mileage ones.

Reaction score
Hi i have a Trophy for sale its number 202 with 52000miles fsh new renault discs + pads all round,new wheel bearings ,steering wheel refurbish ,and the sacks shocks are getting done this week,i live in s-ireland
Any one in Ireland looking for a Trophy for 6000euro or £5000 stg ono thanks

Reaction score
sportline springs on the back (have the fronts as well but they arent a suitable spring rate for the sachs dampers)
Contra, I've not seen this before and having run Sportlines on my Trophy for some time I thought they were a fantastic upgrade over the standard Trophy springs, which I found very unforgiving at low speed on broken surfaces.

Are you suggesting there might be implications of running Sportlines in conjunction with the Sachs, i.e. detrimental to the Sachs' performance or longevity?

Very best of luck with the sale. A Trophy is worth what any one person is looking to pay for it. If you put it up for £5k and it doesn't sell then you may have to come down, but then again it may sell at that price, who knows?!

Reaction score
If you are still looking for a good Trophy. #42 is currently for sale.

Take a quick peak in the For Sale section for the thread and all the details.

Reaction score
Hi

I'm in the process of buying a new car due to an expanding family at which point I'll be selling my trophy (with heavy heart!). Its as standard but belt and dampeners have not been changed. Its done about 50K miles. Let me know if you're interested and I'll get in touch once I get the new car.

Saurov