Reaction score
So I’m sat at a junction behind a Nissan Navara who decides it would be a great idea to start reversing. Despite having my horn held on for a good few seconds he still managed to crunch the front of my Trophy... =D> Needless to say a new bonnet and bumper are required.

Then to add insult to injury I get home to find that a central heating pipe had burst leaking water through the kitchen ceiling.

One of those days.... #-o

clio-trophy-crash.jpg

Reaction score
Ahhhh!!!

Make sure the bodyshop do a good job, most are rubbish!

Reaction score
i had a similar incident with 007, damn tow bar went through the radiator and needed both new rads, bonnet and front bumper. Nothing structural, just cosmetic like yours.

I had mine done at cheshire autobody in Knutsford, so not too far from you. Bought the parts myself, though

Renaultsport

ClioTrophy Moderator
Reaction score
Sorry to hear about your accident! Are you going through insurance? If so can I buy the headlight washer caps off you? The black diamond shaped bit of plastic on your bumper?

Cheers.

Reaction score
Tallandy - do you have the orginal horn on your Trophy? I ask because I felt the muted beep you get from the orignal just wasn't 'man' enough and hence upgraded to a louder twin tone horn (from PIAA). Worth considering?

Reaction score
I do have the standard horn and funnily enough I was thinking of fitting something a lot louder... like off a train so people can bloody hear in future!

Which horn did you fit and where did you get it from mate?

Cheers,

Andy

Reaction score
Renaultsport said:
Sorry to hear about your accident! Are you going through insurance? If so can I buy the headlight washer caps off you? The black diamond shaped bit of plastic on your bumper?

Cheers.

I am going through insurance cars being collected soon, i'd rather not be removing bits of the bumper though, sorry mate.

Reaction score
Yes something like that. I got RenTech to recommend and fit mine when it was in for service last year. It's not a big job.
Worth the investment in my mind.

Reaction score
Ordered :)

I've seen the horn location before when I was looking for the acoustic valve, looks pretty simple to fit. Should hopefully warn off any further idiots trying to reverse into me [-X

Renaultsport

ClioTrophy Moderator
Reaction score
tallandy said:
Renaultsport said:

Cheers.

I am going through insurance cars being collected soon, i'd rather not be removing bits of the bumper though, sorry mate.

Not to worry. Thought I would ask as I need to buy some since some A-hole thought it would be a good idea to steal mine!

Cue

Reaction score
Trophy No.
mine almost got into a fight with an E class merc last week - i took avoiding action, he was sliding into me and powless.... result = new splitter and lower bumper need as the curb was fairly aggressive... still better than a new front end entirely...

Reaction score
Just been informed its getting a full front bumper respray, new grill, new renault badge, new bonnet and new fog lamp.

Hopefully it will be in better condition then before it was crashed into :)

Reaction score
It is bit annoying to be without the T (got a golf TDI to run around in) :lol:

But i'm thankful it was a very low speed impact and only cosmetic damage. I've had cars repaired before with suspension damage etc and they're sometimes never quite the same...

Renaultsport

ClioTrophy Moderator
Reaction score
tallandy said:
It is bit annoying to be without the T (got a golf TDI to run around in) :lol:

But i'm thankful it was a very low speed impact and only cosmetic damage. I've had cars repaired before with suspension damage etc and they're sometimes never quite the same...

Glad to hear its getting sorted! just to double check... Are you sure you don't want to sell those headlight wash caps? :?:

I'm trying to source some and failing.

Cheers! (and sorry to ask again!)