Reaction score
I havent done it on the Trophy but i did do it on my old clio.

Best places to to it are under the carpet in the boot, in the door panels and the rear quater panels, if you want to go all out you could then put it on the floors.

I makes a big difference, but TBH i much rather hear the engine note.

As said before I used Brown Bread which was excellent value for money and was really easy to fit, you will need to take the door panels off to get a perfect fit, And always keep any cut offs you have, they come in very usefull.

Reaction score
The guy at the shop I bought the speakers from just recommended some Dynamat Xtreme in the vicinity of the door speakers, more to aid the sound quality than to remove external noise!

I might put a piece directly behind the speakers on the outer door skin, and then a section on the door card to deaden down any vibration from the speaker.

The 6" x 9"s are no problem as they are going on to an acoustic shelf....

Reaction score
Well, after a lot of work the speakers are in, almost!! The fronts are in an working, and the cabling is in place with the bullets and butts crimped on so I can put the rears in on Saturday when I pick up my shelf....

It took longer than I'd estimated and there are some quite tricky bits, like getting the sill trim in and out around the seats....

The sound is spectacular though, even with just the fronts running. The Infinity Kappas are very punchy and I can't wait to hear it with the 6" x 9"s as well.

Reaction score
The shelf and 6"x9"s are in and it sounds great!!

A lot of people bemoan 6"x9"s but to my ears they sound good and with the fronts they fill the car with a nice even sound and really help bring the bass levels up without having to resort to subs and amps.

I can now get on with enjoying driving No. 99 and not gritting my teeth at the appalling standard sound system!

Reaction score
Sounds good Sir. I am definately considering upgrading as i am a music fanatic. The splutter from the rear speakers absolutely does my head in! :cry:
I know the Trophy is an awsome car but i would gladly have paid a bit more for a system that you can listen to a louder than a whisper before it gives in!

Looks like a good set up. I may follow suit. :)

Reaction score
wigstar1 said:
Sounds good Sir. I am definately considering upgrading as i am a music fanatic. The splutter from the rear speakers absolutely does my head in! :cry:
I know the Trophy is an awsome car but i would gladly have paid a bit more for a system that you can listen to a louder than a whisper before it gives in!

Looks like a good set up. I may follow suit. :)

I'm often in Braintree, so if you'd like to meet up and have a listen just let me know.....