Reaction score
This months Evo No.128 has just dropped through the door (best subscribers cover yet?).
the Trophy takes it's place in a "new icons - bargins" feature, tested aginst the intergra type r & puma racing.
unfortunatley they're pricing it at 6k now :(
Interesting how the type r despite being a larger car weights only 11 !! kgs more, Cant help thinking Renault could have lost more weight if they had tried harder.
favorite quote from Trophy feature "entry speed is largely irrelevant"

Reaction score
Oooh Looking forward to getting home and reading this. The subscriber cover was a great idea in my opinion. Although I wouldn't mind some other incentives or thank you's for being a reasonably long standing subscriber..

Re losing more weight - judging by some recent threads, lighter seats might have made quite a marked difference. Also, the teg has thinner glass in it's screen too, I believe..

Reaction score
Pretty good for Renault as there is also a V6 Clio in that feature. End of Term on Megane Diesel & letters about R26-R.

Only downside about subscribers cover is I think the feature the Trophy is in (judging by the preamble at the contents) is the cover story on the non-subscriber issue.

So we missed on on the cover!

I was upset by the valuations although the do say it wont go any lower.

Reaction score
Sounds good, you have to already be subscribed to receive this?

Reaction score
kam said:
The 360CS belongs to a good a friend on mine. He gave me the head ups earlier this month.

Lucky guy - gorgeous looking car! :D

kam said:
One of the reasons I went for a trophy. :D
.. Yes I can understand that you'd prefer one over the 360CS... :lol: :wink:

I haven't read the article yet - only skimmed it, but I like this remark...
"This, the last of the old-school over-engined naturally aspirated hatches, is Renault's perfect moment"

Oh and "You don't smile when driving the Trophy, you hoot with laughter" 8) :lol:

Reaction score
son of solo said:
This months Evo No.128 has just dropped through the door (best subscribers cover yet?).
the Trophy takes it's place in a "new icons - bargins" feature, tested aginst the intergra type r & puma racing.
unfortunatley they're pricing it at 6k now :(
Interesting how the type r despite being a larger car weights only 11 !! kgs more, Cant help thinking Renault could have lost more weight if they had tried harder.
favorite quote from Trophy feature "entry speed is largely irrelevant"

The weight of the Trophy is acutally 1075kg.

Reaction score
Evo and Letstorquebhp figures are inaccurate and inconsistant.

If you read the preview issues of Evo mags featuring the Trophy you'll see the inconsistant weight and 0-60 figures.

This is the official Renault specification for the Trophy which clearly states 1075kg.

Attachments

• Renaultsport Clio 182 Trophy Specification.pdf
    54.2 KB · Views: 25
Reaction score
and R16 tyres! Should be V's? Doesn't give you much confidence!

edit: what's the difference between kerb weight and gross vehicle weight??