S4M

Reaction score
Hi There

Had my trophy for around a month now and yesterday ive had my first "real" problem

As i left my workplace and was driving down the road the radio turned off, all the dials went a bit mad and the trip computer completley reset itself ....

As i drove it down the road i was accelerating hard in 3rd and suddenley it was as if i hit a brick wall , power was cut and the engine , gear and abs light flashed on and then off. I Spoke to renault and they told me to call out the AA Free of charge so i waited for them ( at home ) and as useless as they are they reported no faults on the ECU diagnostics ....

Drove it to work this morning and the radio keeps turning off and then on again , the clocks go nuts and the trip resets itself and im really not sure what it is ?

Its going in on monday for the alarm to be looked at so hopefully they will look at the problem , Its also going in to have a strange noise checked over. When i accelerate hard there is a whining noise coming from what sounds like the front right and im not sure if this is a bearing problem or simply induction noise ? Any ideas

Cheers for reading

Sam

S4M

Reaction score
cured it turns out the live on the battery terminal had worked loose , bloody aa man didnt evan bother checking that !!!!

Thanks Guys , still appreciate a bit of help regarding the noise issue tho

Sam

Reaction score
That sounds like a similar problem which my 1.2 16v Dynamique had, in the ned it was the ECU mother board or some it along similar lines. What would happen would be that the electrial malfunction light would come on and all the electrics would go mad. It even made the car un driveable. However, every time it I went to the garage it wouldn't do it! Plus when they ran diagnostic checks on the vehicle it said nothing was wrong!!

It was not till my fourth attempt that it did it and the guy said the ECU mother board thing had to changed.

They changed it and had no problems afterwards.

Reaction score
S4M said:
Its also going in to have a strange noise checked over. When i accelerate hard there is a whining noise coming from what sounds like the front right and im not sure if this is a bearing problem or simply induction noise ? Any ideas

Cheers for reading

Sam

Whatever the noise is, it sure ain't normal. Get it checked out and fixed, everything should be under warranty so it's not all bad...

So glad the electrical fault turned out to be the battery terminal, this thread was giving me the fear!

Good luck with the whining noise, keep us posted with your progress! :D

S4M

Reaction score
Will do

im a bit worried my local renault dealer seem as good as a slap in the face ....

They have asked to see the service book and warrenty card , it has only had 1 service so far and thats with rensport , i just hope they dont argue my warrenty over the fact it hasnt been serviced by them

Sam

P.S what tyre pressures do people usually run ?