Reaction score
Trophy No.
Yep, expect to spend an hour a corner at least in work and more time curing but get out that poorboys, smells good too.

Reaction score
.. I have in the past removed mine, cleaned them inside and out and then used Autoglym SRP and sealant on them.. Last year I did it to one as I bought a replacement and that wheel is so much easier to clean than the others which have had Permaguard treatment..

Reaction score
i use Gary @ Refined Reflections to do mine once a year.

http://refinedreflections.co.uk/

Last year he used a polish on my bonnet that costs £4000 a tub - you'll have to ask him what it was- i'm so impressed with it i'm going to ask him to do the whole car with it this year.

When doing it myself i use the two bucket method to reduce swirls.

Jay

Reaction score
BenG said:
Who is going to admit to polishing their wheels ?
Polished my front wheels last weekend after taking them off to clean the arches and suspension with a sponge.

Didn't realise there was red paint under the arch;)

Reaction score
Interesting discussions here, thanks for all of the contributions :D

I'm still undecided as to whether or not to head away from the PG route. Does anyone know if I would have to have the polymer coating stripped off before effectively treating the car to polishes etc?

Felix, I looked at the site you mentioned. Their work looks very good indeed :D Which treatment do you usually go for?

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Claying and polishing will strip it off.

Just a little caveat to what i said earlier about having a pro detailer give it a go, if i was in your position i would probably be tempted to get it done as a base from which then to keep it up to scratch myself.

BenG

ClioTrophy Moderator
Reaction score
Trophy No.
I wish I could find a professional detailing service near me, I really want to get it done as a base like you say hoolio.

Reaction score
I have to admit I can never be bothered to do a complete job. I normally just clean and spray then go over again before drying the water off. It gets decent results but not as good as a polish.

I may get it detailed in the future.

Reaction score
I see a great deal of sense in that hoolio, at least that way I would avoid the risks associated with doing the more tricky jobs myself. My mate has bought a polisher - not sure if it's rotary or dual action. We can get to grips with it on another car and then ultimately transfer the skills to my trophy and the mini in the future.

Any comments on using colour specific products like the dodo juice offerings from matt?

Reaction score
Trophy No.
The dood juices get a bit of a panning from detailers for some reason, I think because they are not really colour specific so they see it as a marketing scam. I've got a pot of the orange crush which is ok though the last time i ordered I thought i'd try something a little different and got a tester pot of the supernatural which is much better but twice the price. Also worth considering at about the same price as the OC is Swissvax Onyx which I've not tried but gets big thumbs up.