Big Dave

ClioTrophy Club Member
Reaction score
Trophy No.
Hi folks.
My first post on here.
Im brand new to clio,s, Im looking at buying a trophy [ in the next few months], and as such i could do with some help in what to look for.? IE a buyers guide. What goes wrong. etc etc
Does one exist on this forum.? If so would somebody be kind enough to point me in the right direction.

Just a few other basic questions.
Does the trophy,s come with a limited slip diff.?
Do all trophy,s come with AC and cruise control or are they extra.
Is there a link anywhere that tells me the full spec incl extras of these lovely little cars.
Ta so far..Dave

Reaction score
All Trophys come with A/C, ABS and cruise control as standard. If you have a quick search on the forum the subject of a buying guide has been covered many of times. As for LSD this was not standard on any renault clio sport models, however there is LSD's that can be fitted such as gripper or quaife but expect a hefty bill to go with this as the diff's on there own will set you back into the 1k area then you have fitting on top of that.

One car iv seen lately that sounds and looks like a really good buy, however don't come with standard springs fitted is this one,
http://www.pistonheads.co.uk/sales/3436100.htm

Hope this helps, im sure others will be along to assist in a buying guide.

Reaction score
Suspension has to be the main thing to look for surely. If it hasn't been done i'd look elsewhere personally.

Too check if they're badgered just push down on the front wing. If it's firm they're fine, bouncy = knackered.

Reaction score
id say it depends on the price your paying tbh. suspension is easily rectified. not cheap, but you figure that into th ecost of the car. like anything else really. as with most things french, bodywork is the main thing for me, panel gaps, paint etc. make sure its not had repairs. all mechanical items can be replaced, at a cost, but then that cost should be reflected in the price.

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Dampers
Cambelt (both when, and where its been done)
Dephaser pulley 'ticking'
The usual service history checks.
Inside of pads tend to wear more then outside, worth checking.
Michelin PE2 are the OEM tyres. PS3 are the replacement.

Standard 'extra' spec includes:
-Speedline Turini alloys
-Sachs dampers
-Recaro seats

They also come with ABS, ESP, Cruise control, A/C

Big Dave

ClioTrophy Club Member
Reaction score
Trophy No.
So far so good. Many thanks to those that have replied.
I have looked on the search section, but all the buyers guide threads are way out of date and the links seem dead....

Just out of interest, is there anyone in the Fylde coast,, Blackpool area that frequents this forum that wouldnt mind me having a "poke" around there car, and a general chat about them. Just to familiarise myself with the cars.?
Cheers Dave W.