Reaction score
How much does the air con weigh in the trophy? Was told about 40kg - sound about right? Also, is stripping it out classed as a modification for insurance purposes?

Thanks

Reaction score
Yeah thats about right, but to be bruttally honest with you, stripping it out is just a pain, have a look under the bonnet and you have all of the pipe work which is associated with the Air Con.

for a 5kg saving you would be better off stripping the back seats out, taking the CD Player out and the speakers, maybe the rear interior panels, fit a carbon bonnet, all of which are much easier to do and would equate to more weight been lost.

Alternativly LOSE SOME WEIGHT..........GO ON A DIET......... :lol:

(Only Kidding) LOL

Reaction score
To be honest I'd need the back seats and cd player for practicality reasons (for when I get lucky with da ladies). The air con can go as I don't need that - if it's hot enough for air con, you might as well drive topless with the windows down. 40kg is a lot of weight for something that justs keeps you cool.

Reaction score
Have you taken out the jack, wheel wrench, manual, spare wheel nuts (replaced by the locking ones). Theres a few kg's you won't miss.

I would leave the towing eye in the car though. :wink:

Reaction score
Air con is very handy for keeping the windows fog free, it doesn't just keep you cool.

Reaction score
I'll still probably end up taking it out as 40kg at the nose is a lot of weight and must effect handling and braking to some degree.

Reaction score
mark plummer said:
To be honest I'd need the back seats and cd player for practicality reasons (for when I get lucky with da ladies).

More room with the rear seats removed. :idea:

Reaction score
mark plummer said:
I'll still probably end up taking it out as 40kg at the nose is a lot of weight and must effect handling and braking to some degree.

Fair enough, thats a lot of weight! Let us know how it goes.

Reaction score
If you ditch the air conditioning it would give you the chance to fit a turbo technics supercharger...

www.turbotechnics.com/docs/index.htm

I know this isn't specifically for the Renault engine, but I see no reason why it wouldn't work with low compression pistons...