Reaction score
My car had stored a fault. It appears that the ESP and service lights came on due to a faulty steering sensor. I'll be having this replaced on Friday.

Still not sure this would have prevented the car starting though.

Reaction score
This happened on my FF182 i used 2 have, took it to renault and they fixed it in about 5 mins, apparently it was my brake sensor set incorrectly.

Reaction score
My mates 182 is having this problem at the minute too, may be worth getting brake pedal switch checked after reading this thread.

Reaction score
Update

Car went to see Renault last weekend and was plugged in to computer.

Came up with 4 warnings - main one being stop light sensor (as discussed above) the other three all then fired 'cause of this - ESP, ABS and Cruise. They checked out said stop switch and could find no problems, all now working okay? He put it down to "electrical glitch" but said if it happened again then they would have to go through all the wiring to look for a fault which could take a couple of days! - That seemed a bit excessive to me if switch gave error put in new switch?

Anyway so far it has not had error again and if it does I will be asking for new stop light switch first before they spend a day pulling apart the wiring :!: