Reaction score
Erm, interesting, well mine is in the post now, I too would have preferred a perfectly spherical one, but try finding one with the gear config. properly etched into it, Richbrook do a few but only with a horrible enamel sticker that sits on top, definitely not a fan of those. Ideally I would have Titanium one made that includes the lift up reverse bezel and the gear layout and maybe a Trophy 'T' etched into the top. Might cost more than an Orbisoud though!

I wouldn't normally modify a car cosmetically but the gear knob on the Trophy is really quite horrid and the worn patch is really bothering me, I don't want to have to saw it off either, apparently a hairdryer and lots of brute force works, any ideas guys?

Reaction score
Nice little touch buddy :wink:

As others have said do the steering wheel & gearknob inserts for a more complete look. 8)

Nice & easy to revert back to OEM too.

Reaction score
here's mine that I did a couple of weeks ago....sprayed the dash inserts red aswell as the steering wheel and gear knob parts and also got white stickers made up. Was going to get them in anthracite like on the sideskirt but they wouldn't have been noticeable enough.

Got the renaultport logo on the steering wheel, my bro made a diagram in word for the gear knob and on the left dash insert I have another renault sport logo and the trophy font too.

very happy

100_1643.jpg

100_1645.jpg

haven't got very good pictures, it looks better in real life, but look at the difference over standard...

100_1636.jpg

100_1643.jpg

didn't do the dials as that is alot of effort and the dash will probably start rattling around like it did in my bros cup when he had that years ago and took the dash off. Will probably do it eventually though.

oh and also got some recaro stickers for the subframes too :D

Reaction score
Car Audio Installations was the eBay seller, they have an eBay shop. £21 inc. P&P, cheaper than anywhere else I saw, www.speeding.co.uk were charging £26 I think. I'm still undecided whether I'm going to fit it or not, if I don't I will sell it to you for £20.

Matt, well done for doing the steering wheel and gear knob too, It actually looks really good, how it should have been I think, just like the V6's have colour coded inserts. Can you post a close-up of the gear knob/steering wheel logos?

Reaction score
Steve said:
Car Audio Installations was the eBay seller, they have an eBay shop. £21 inc. P&P, cheaper than anywhere else I saw, www.speeding.co.uk were charging £26 I think. I'm still undecided whether I'm going to fit it or not, if I don't I will sell it to you for £20.

Matt, well done for doing the steering wheel and gear knob too, It actually looks really good, how it should have been I think, just like the V6's have colour coded inserts. Can you post a close-up of the gear knob/steering wheel logos?

Cheers Steve, will do when I get a chance.

Reaction score
Steve said:

Thanks Steve. Let me know if you don't fit it.....I am going to get one probably next week!

Reaction score
g40steve said:
Matt is the gearknob layout a sticker??

Getting the bits is a hassle :roll:

7Mat, look what you started :wink:

i got the trophy graphic fromclisport and the renault sport logo from google images and just put them on microsoft word and then my brother made a layout of the gear knob, slightly different to the standard but basically had reverse, 1,2,3,4,5, with the lines as it should be and put these all on the same bit of paper.

Printed it out and then took it too signarama and told them how big i wanted the stickers and they made them for me.

i'll try and get close-ups of the stickers when i get time.

Cue

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Mat's gearknob feels good in the hand - sits slightly lower from the normal one also so it feel a bit more sportier as there is less movement of the gear lever.

I'm undecided on the colouring - again Mat's looked good in real life, in pictures the true red colour doesn't come out so they don't tend to look as good.

When the car starts to look a bit tatty I may get some carbon inserts and lever made up - not sure how they'd look but it'd go with the keyring :)

failing that Red is the best option, not sure why they went with silver... just give idiot companys the idea to paint all the black bits silver :evil: still annoys me that lol