Reaction score
I like it, although I completely agree that you should get the gear stick and wheel insert done too. (No point for you Matt!) I say this and I hate cosmetic modding of cars, it's been done really well and exactly in the style of the 172 Cup/Vee.

Reaction score
looks good, makes the interior a bit more special

i'm gonna do mine in anthracite i reckon, not sure where to get the Renault sport sticker for the steering wheel insert, has anyone got any ideas?

did think of trying to get some made with Trophy on em 8)

Reaction score
Steve(g40) - how much does Middo charge to pain these?

Also does anyone know how much it costs for the dash inserts from Renault?

Reaction score
Matt X2C has done it himself and has even got a trophy vinyl made to put in place of the airbag sign! Sure he will put some pics up of it!

Reaction score
doh doh doh doh..... expect more pictures along a similar style shortly :wink:

i have MIddo also working on a few things for me too

Reaction score
Looks good Steve. Let me know when you need it or any other of your cars cleaning again.

Reaction score
Gareth said:

In that case mine are staying silver just to be different! Although I have got a nice shiney gearknob in the post, so much for the 'leather' of the standard one, it's worn away on the right side and feels all 'gluey' to the touch. It has done since it came back from Permagard. The new owner will have a brand new OE one on there, but I've had enough of the cheap plastic rubbish so ordered this;

KNOB3.jpg[/img]

Reaction score
Cool Hand Luke said:
whats your thoughts on the new gear knob steve? worthwhile mod?

Sorry, this is a picture of Matt's one, Mine has only just been ordere so will arrive in the next day or so (with my keyring and CG-Lock hopefully) What a treat XOG is in for, little does he know that that the little aluminium sphere might have saved his neck, it was buy a DC5 or get a decent gear knob.

I'll let you know how it affects the Trophy experience when it's fitted.

Reaction score
What makes that????

Looks better.

Steve said:
Gareth said:

In that case mine are staying silver just to be different! Although I have got a nice shiney gearknob in the post, so much for the 'leather' of the standard one, it's worn away on the right side and feels all 'gluey' to the touch. It has done since it came back from Permagard. The new owner will have a brand new OE one on there, but I've had enough of the cheap plastic rubbish so ordered this;

KNOB3.jpg[/img]

Reaction score
g40steve said:
What makes that????

Looks better.
Steve said:
Gareth said:

KNOB3.jpg[/img]

It's made by Richbrook I believe - not a fan of it personally.

Reaction score
I can see why you painted the interior... but I'm still undecided.

Where the silver looked like some sort of cheap aluminium, the red looks like the cheap plastic that it is. I think the silver did a better job of hiding the fact that we've a nasty plastic interior (but the red screams plastic - as that is the only thing it oculd be in that colour).

Hmm... maybe it will grow on me? :? :)

O.

Reaction score
My gearknob is going on the right hand side as well - which is odd as I thought it would only have gone like that had the previous owner worn a ring on their left thumb... :?

The new CTR I drove recently had a lovely aluminium knob like my old Elise - I think duty calls to treat the Clio to one. Don't like that flat-topped one but each to their own. :)