steering wheel silver cover thing

Cam

Reaction score
I have painted the trim strip above the glove box and the gear knob cap bit (love these lego cars) but cant get the steering wheel trim cap bit off. anyone know how?

if anyone has any good ideas for pieces to paint or photos of their painted interior bits please let me know.

cheers Cam

Reaction score
There's no great secret to it or anything - it just requires a decent pull. I managed to get mine off without using any tools, although I did cause serious pain to my thumbs and fingers in the process.

I wasn't taking mine off to paint it btw - I replaced those three bits of trim when I got the car because they were a bit grimy :)

Cam

Reaction score
Cheers ill try brut force , just didnt want to damage anything. i see your in cambridge, i work in Chesterton so i may see another trophy finally. never seen another before.

Reaction score
Yes just yank it. You keep thinking its about to break up until it pops off. Had to take mine off when I got a new steering wheel under warranty.

Miricles do happen. :D

The replacement wheel had a silver coloured one. Guess what he trophy trim is a dirtier titanium colour.

Had to go back to dealers and salvage trim of old wheel before it went in the skip.

On the plus side I was able to sell the new one on Ebay! It was like the paid me to have a new steering wheel in the end.

Cam

Reaction score
That's cool... Love a freebe.

Just used my brut force and ...... Just punched myself in the head. Looked around and no-one saw lol

it's off now and red!