Steering Wheel Re-trimmed Undecided ?

Reaction score
Had my wheel done recently and here is the results.i decided to go for a more updated look with perforated side panels and removed the separate thumb grips but it still retains the original shape in this area.

The thing is im not sure i like it, top quality job real italian leather and well priced too.

Comments welcome

P1040286.jpg

P1040290.jpg

P1040289.jpg

P1040291.jpg

Reaction score
Like the wheel

Really like the steering wheel retrim.
How does it feel compared to bloody melting Reno crap which annoys each time I drive the car!
I had thought about retrim in smooth leather and to get rid off the thumb holds like you have, but also considered a alacantra retrim to give the motorsort feel.
The other option is to take off original and fit a nice Sabelt or OMP wrc wheel in alacantra which look absolutely FAB.
Show us your steering wheel options owners?
Love yours though, how much and did you get it done at Royal?
Marl

Reaction score
I really like it. I've been toying with the idea of perforated leather or alcantara myself. It does look like a decent OEM wheel which is perfect in my opinion. Getting rid of the thumbgrips was the right choice too.

Reaction score
Looks good, was it pricey compared to changing the wheel.
Anybody here changed the steering wheel, what do you do with the buttons and can you get the wheel better postioned, ie closer to your body.

Reaction score
I really like that, who done the retrim and how much was it? Iv seen a few guys on vs now offering this service.

Reaction score
Looks great, a quality job; and you still have your buttons for cruise! - I put a Momo on mine and prefer the feel to the oem but can't use the cruise with it (not a huge loss imo compared to the better feel); I've always got the original to put back on if needed - how much for your retrim ??

Reaction score
If you want to swap with mine which is original melted one with cash adjustment - please ping me. Thanks.

Reaction score
Thanks for the positive comments it kinda makes feel better about it.

I will be putting the cruse buttons back on when fitted,just thought i would remove them to send it off.

As for costs:£105 for the retrim+£10 to return in the post+£ 7.50 to send so £122.50 all in.

Work done by http://royalsteeringwheels.com/

The wheel is a spare(so i could still use the car)off e-bay cost £10 with damaged thumb grips.