Reaction score
LOL, like a#%holes everyone's got a damn opinion don't they :wink:
But that last guy saying a cat d'd car is a better deal than a non scrapped one? :?

Reaction score
Trophy No.
dave3141 said:
what does it matter if someone wants a repaired car? Explain

It doesn't matter, it's your money. What most on here have been saying in a round about way is that they probably wouldn't touch it.

Reaction score
dave3141 said:
what does it matter if someone wants a repaired car? Explain
What Hoolio says :wink: I'd rather spend more money and have a car that hasn't been written off when we're talking 8k+, for peace of mind if nothing else. No one wants to see another Renaultsport fan get stuck with a lemon and I think thats why most of us are warning against it. I can only guess the forum demographics of ClioTrophy are different from ClioSport and all us ''old folks'' are preaching caution, while the kids are saying ''jump, jump,jump' :wink:
In the end its your money, so if you go for it than good luck and I hope the car is great and problem free :) '

Reaction score
Trophy No.
dave3141 said:
wouldnt spend 8k on it, but I was prepared to pay 6.5k tops.

With the damage STRIKE describes on CS wouldn't even consider it, any price.

Reaction score
Not even a tenner? Surely it would be worth a punt at a tenner? :D

Reaction score
I'd buy it for 5K, come on guys, it's still going to run rings around a lot of 'sports cars' out there. Always a risk though, but isn't any car, even new 197's are going straight back with critical problems.

Cue

Reaction score
Trophy No.
i'd buy it. It it didn't run right i'd break it for spares.... increases the value of the others and it's worth 3 times it's purchase value in parts.

Reaction score
Trophy No.
hoolio said:
dave3141 said:
wouldnt spend 8k on it, but I was prepared to pay 6.5k tops.

With the damage STRIKE describes on CS wouldn't even consider it, any price.

Clearly i say things sometimes that make me look like a right tw*t :oops: but correct me if i'm wrong if the B pillars are creased it means a lot of energy has gone through the car and other stuff is going to be a bit curly and if i've learn't nothing else on here it's that a few degree's here and there make a lot of difference to the handling.

Reaction score
B Pillars are creased? :shock: You can move the engine block into the cabin without creasing those.

Buy it for parts, nothing else.

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Thats what strike posted on CS yesterday.

Edit; Sorry creases above the b pillars.

Cue

Reaction score
Trophy No.
if the b-pillars are bent it souldn't be repaired. I was going to say cannot be repaired but nothing is impossible to repair to a similar look.... its the safty and structural integrity of the metal and the shell of the car that will never be the same.

It's like cut and shut's - from the outside they appear to be normal but you see what happens to them in a crash....... put it this way you wont be worrying about forgetting your anniversary again!

Reaction score
Cue said:
if the b-pillars are bent it souldn't be repaired. I was going to say cannot be repaired but nothing is impossible to repair to a similar look.... its the safty and structural integrity of the metal and the shell of the car that will never be the same.

It's like cut and shut's - from the outside they appear to be normal but you see what happens to them in a crash....... put it this way you wont be worrying about forgetting your anniversary again!

http://www.cliosport.net/forum/showthre ... ght=trophy

Similar to what I just posted Cue, had to put them straight about dissing our site too, how dare they? Sometimes it's hard to find a post about Clio's amongst all the shit like "How fit is Rebecca Loos?" and "Look at this shitter".

Reaction score
Fit a full roll cage and take it banger racing, thats about all its worth with a compromised chassis/shell. :(
Or as Cue said buy it for breaking or spares.

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Got mixed feelings about this thread now, good that we now know of a duff car but at the same time it seems it's now been effectively written off a second time, i assume it will now start changing hands for silly money and get thrashed to death, sad, should have stayed written off the first time.

How many have gone now?