Reaction score
I recently bought some port matched inlets butbefore fitting I spent hours polishing up the out side before fitting. I complemented this with a polished strut brace that really doesn't offer much in way of performance increase but unlike the way it looks.

Also did my own tacho change by buying a yellow dial kit, getting Emma to cut some vinyl at work to make the black centre & small Trophy decal. The bezel is covered in carbon same guy who did my other stuff plus polished dial rings.

0efcfdbe.jpg
a381c457.jpg
f865901b.jpg
37cd0790.jpg

Using iPhone & can't get images smaller so left hand side is cut off slightly!

Reaction score
The steering wheel was done by Arran on ClioSport. Though I think it's his friend who does the actual work & he is an ex Aston Martin trimmer.

The work is brilliant, he removes and remakes the thumb grips separate out of leather so doesn't matter how bad they are. The TDC marker is optional which I wanted & red stiching my preference though many have gone for silver stitching and no TDC marker.

Aaron

Reaction score
Steering wheel trim was £150 plus i think £8 postage.

Glad folk like the dash, I love it. Told a friend with a 172 what I was doing & he initially thought it would not work, now he has seen it he thinks it's great.

Reaction score
I am liking that! always thought the T should have a sportier dash.

on another note what are the solid top mounts like?

Reaction score
I really like the top mounts, nice positive steering, feels more accurate than before.

Reaction score
Looks awesome, love the dial. Got a retrimed steering wheel from Arran myself, deffinately worth every penny.

:)

Reaction score
Fantastic. I'm loving the attention to detail on your car J333, got any more ideas in the pipeline?

Are your top mounts the K-tec or KTR ones? I'd like a pair but i'm trying to justify a set of harnesses at the mo.

Reaction score
The top mounts are K-Tec but is KTR not just K-Tec Racing so the same thing?

Unless doing lots of track days harnesses bait pointless on a road car, even with a few track days CG Locks work well as they lock the lap strap in place & you can get it very tight.

Only other plans are fit the alcantara door cards front & rear from FF 182 & I'd like a BTB exhaust system & I think that's it.

Though I did recently paint the mirror caps in the correct Ixell paint to match the wheels which I love, others may not, no pics though at the moment.

Reaction score
j333evo said:
The top mounts are K-Tec but is KTR not just K-Tec Racing so the same thing?

Though I did recently paint the mirror caps in the correct Ixell paint to match the wheels which I love, others may not, no pics though at the moment.

I have no idea about the K-Tec thing i'm afraid so you're probably right :oops:

I like the sound of the colour scheme, pics needed :wink:

A CG lock is one reason why im thinking twice about the harnesses, plus the car needs other things at the mo. Another toy of mine has a set of 5 pointers though and they're fantastic although they are needed in that particular mode of transport!

Reaction score
I use a CG lock in my Porsche for trackdays (no simple mounting options for a harness) but I have a drivers side harness in the T- The CG Lock works very well but nowhere near as good as a proper harness; The harness is a pita for day to day driving - Just keep the OE inertia belts too for road use, like I do.

The top mounts look like the mark 2 Ktec ones that I have also (KTR =same thing), The mark 1's were gold in colour -I had these but changed them for the newer black ones "under warranty" as the mk 1's were way too clonky; a manufacturing tolerance problem with a certain batch evidently :oops: . The blacks are working great btw. :D

Still love your dash.......

Reaction score
My trackday car has full harnesses which are the best in terms of holding you in, but for everyday driving I'd give it 2 weeks tops until bored of it.

I like my CG Locks which do work well for occasionally track use.

I will try and take some quick pics of the other little bits.
For got to add they are MK2 K-tec mounts as I swapped them under warranty for the gold mk1s.