Reaction score
Further update:

I would imagine that after all these miles the shafts will probably need redoing (makes sense to anyways whilst they all apart really).

Only problem is that would take it up to £720, when you can buy a pair of new Sachs shocks from Renault for £900!!

Is there any benefit to going for refurb over new, better parts used/longer warranty, etc?

Response:

Thanks for the note. It’s your call really, we cannot really warranty the dampers as they are second hand parts just being serviced by us although, we obviously cover our work.
The parts we use are original Sachs parts apart from the lower gas caps which we have developed a dual seal cap which I am hoping to have available again in the next week or so. This we hope will alleviate some of the issues we see in the dampers loosing gas pressure.

BenG

ClioTrophy Moderator
Reaction score
Trophy No.
If it is of interest we also offer a compression adjuster upgrade. This involves removing the original adjuster assembly (They are pinned in place on the ‘Trophy’ as standard) and replacing it with a genuine Sachs Race Engineering working assembly. This allows you to adjust the level of compression adjustment either to soften it to make for a more comfortable ride on bumpy B roads or stiffen for more spirited driving conditions. The cost of this adds another £120 (per pair, inc VAT) to the bill.

So basically it's an additional charge of £120 to fit 2 new dials which are not pinned. Bit steep.

We can offer a service to replace the standard items with new, working compression adjusters if required, but this would require the dampers to be removed from the car and stripped down, replace all the sliding seals and bushes, remove the existing adjusters and replace with the working items, rebuild and dyno test them to ensure both dampers are working correctly. This service will cost approximately £435 + Delivery + VAT.

Am I missing something here... The sachs dampers are fitted with an internal adjuster assembly, the only reason they cannot be adjusted is because the adjuster dial has a pin in place, at no point does removing/replacing this involve removing the damper from the car and/or stripping down the internals.

Reaction score
So basically it's an additional charge of £120 to fit 2 new dials which are not pinned. Bit steep.

Am I missing something here... The sachs dampers are fitted with an internal adjuster assembly, the only reason they cannot be adjusted is because the adjuster dial has a pin in place, at no point does removing/replacing this involve removing the damper from the car and/or stripping down the internals.

yes exactly, only thing you leave an hole on the knob but that can be easily filled up.
going for new ones.