Reaction score
allvehicles said:
This offer in via e-mail to me today, contact me if of interest. Renaultsport 225 Phase 2 much improved with Cup Suspension and Recaros. Great price for a brand new 56 Plate car.

http://allvehicles.wordpress.com/2006/0 ... eam-offer/

See thats Renault all over again isn't it! :evil: I always feel so bad for these people who plonked down full whack 3 months ago and now you can get one of their motors at a serious discount...even the dealers are selling it at that price now.
Same'll happen to those poor first round of 197 owners.
Oh well I guess its buyer beware and they should know better in the first place.

Reaction score
Discounting the 197 is bound to happen, but dealers discounting the Trophy were nuts. I recall selling every Clio Williams I was ever allocated at list price. Mind you, that was before the Internet, but even so, with most dealers only being allocated a couple they should have stood on the list price and that would have levelled the field price wise, I've seen new car invoices in book packs from £12400 to £15500 for the Trophy.

Have to admit, I posted the F1 offer out of interest, I am more interested in part-exchanges listed, of which I am probably going to pay more than your average dealer for.

It always amazes me that sales and market share can be down and a manufacturer puts prices up 3% the following month. Then they offer 4 year 0% finance to compensate.

Having said all that, often people who pay list price have had a hefty over-allowance against a trade-in or offset against a finance settlement, it's never really black and white. It's all forgotten a year later when they want to part-exhange again!

Reaction score
my local renault garage has the megane F1 brand new at £15,895. slightly cheaper than that.

Reaction score
i've heard that production has stopped so it's now a case of selling whatever car's are left with dealers

Reaction score
Interesting about the prices. I was offered a used 1000 mile car this week and bid £14000 for it. If they are £15999 brand new then I'm glad my offer was dismissed out of hand! I think that 225 Trophys are a better bet now they are cheaper.