Reaction score
nickboazracing said:
Personally I have always found the seats in the trophy incredibly unconfortable. :(

Within about 30mins they give me back ache, and no matter what I do with the position it never goes away.

And having now been on track I think they offer very little in lateral support. I had the seat back near vertical and still had to strain my upper body to keep unpright. I'm sure harnesses would help this matter.

I'm now seriously thinking about an upgrade, including lowering the seat.

I experiance back ache as well at the bottom of my back.. maybe i need to change my seat postion

Cue

Reaction score
Trophy No.
480bhp.com said:
When i gutted my interior an obvious way to lower the standard seats would be to remove the plastic spacers they sit on, that should get you lower by around 15mm. I've not done it myself so can't comment on what it's like after removing them, but then again i've done away with the recaro's anyway as i'm sure most of you know now.

Oh and Jeremy of Renaultsport Uk was suiably enchanted by my lack of interior, claiming it's the most stripped of any road car he's ever seen :lol: :lol:
So much so he got the official Photographer at Brands Hatch too take some interior shots :lol: :lol:

Chris

when the cd comes through, post some pics up...

Reaction score
Hozcat said:
nickboazracing said:
Like I said, i've tried everything, including making sure i'm not slouching. I have thought about a CG lock thingy, but it's more my upper body that is moving about. I would be better investing in a harness. Thanks for the suggestion though.

I don't find the seat particularly uncomfortable, and they certainly look nice, but they definitely don't 'hug' you as well you'd expect. The seats in many other cars give much better lateral and thigh support. I definitely think harnesses will improve the lateral support by keeping your back pinned to the seat.

My main gripe's definitely the height. I prefer to be sat so low that it feels like my a$$ cheeks are near scraping the tarmac. At the minute it feels like I'm sat in a dining room chair. I'll definitely be removing the spacers at the weekend but I'm not convinced it's going to make a big enough difference.

Hoz.

Let us know how you get on if you could and some pics :)