Reaction score
Whats the best technique/product to re-generate/ freshen up & make the Trophy look red again instead of looking faded pink colour? Understand T Cut is not a good idea, machine polish? Mopping? or Turtlewax red colour restorer? Cheers

Reaction score
if you plastics are faded, i would get them resprayed, as for the rest of the car, maybe a good mop would bring it back to life

color restorers are just snake oil :p

Reaction score
You could try decontaminating the paintwork (Autosmart Tardis and CarPro IronX are two products you could use).

Then apply polish (Autoglym Super Resin Polish) then wax (Autoglym High Definition Wax) and it will come up looking completely different.

For plastics etc I use CarPro DLUX, which I think is superb.

There are hundreds of products on the market, these are just some fairly basic things you could try.

Reaction score
Ok chaps thanks, probably not looking to get plastics re-sprayed as not that bad, only door handles really. Ive got an Autoglym valeting case so know Ive got the polish just need to check for other products. Would you recommend the de-contaminating products instead of a clay bar & getting it mopped? Cheers

Reaction score
If you're going to do a proper job you need to de-tar the car (Tardis), remove metal deposits (Iron X) and use some clay & lubricant to remove any further fallout etc.

I'm not very experienced but I believe that if you don't do all three then you're not doing a job as well as it could be done.

No idea what "mopped" means, sorry.

Reaction score
Thanks. In that case maybe get it professionally detailed to give you a really good starting point from which it should be relatively simple to keep on top of ongoing maintenance & protection.

MarcB

ClioTrophy Club Member
Reaction score
Have a look here

[video=youtube;MUIM_0h-TRc]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MUIM_0h-TRc[/video]

Reaction score
Nice one,i had mine done like this and i can honestly say it was better than when i got it new.

A proper paint correction plus proper wax/sealant is not cheap though.

Reaction score
Wow! Does look absolutely stunning after that, see Trophy decals on the rear skirt have been removed. Mine would definitely benefit from
this kind of treatment. Unfortunately need to invest in some new products and havent got a spare 25 hours at the moment however looks like a plan for when the better weather arrives.

MarcB

ClioTrophy Club Member
Reaction score
The car looks perfect after the detail!
Does need the Trophy stickers though 

Buy Them LOL

It is a stunning detail, I won't be getting mine fully done until much later this year.

Reaction score
The 'Trophy' decals are still available from Renault aren't they? Around £30 per side I'm sure? One of mine has started to fade a bit so I may get another set ordered just in case Renault pull the plug on these, too.

To the OP - sadly if your Trophy has become a faded pink colour (who's hasn't?!), the only real way to get it looking red again is to have the affected areas resprayed. Capsicum Red is a clear over base paint (a red base coat with a clear top coat / lacquer). So when you polish your car, you are polishing the top coat and it won't affect the base coat at all. It's a good idea to make sure your car is protected with a good durable wax that offers UV protection.

MarcB

ClioTrophy Club Member
Reaction score
You sure can and they are £42.52 a sticker

14wyq2g.jpg

Reaction score
how easy is it to remove the old stickers.
I have had a look at mine (drivers side only is terrible). I was thinking of trying to get them off with a chisel but that will be pretty hard without damaging other paint work.
Anyone with experience of this.

Cheers

MarcB

ClioTrophy Club Member
Reaction score
Im 95% sure that the lacquer is over the stickers.

I am lucky as well as having a spare set of stickers i also have these -

dvop4l.jpg