Reaction score
I know there are quite a few threads on rattling seats so I'm lazy and i'll just ask from the horses mouth! I noticed the other day there was quite constant annoying rattle coming from the passengers. On closer inspection i sourced where the rattle was coming from. Its coming from the side where you pull and where the bar connects to the rail. Now the other side is solid is there a fix and or is its something i can just turn the stero up and ignore it. I enclosed a Diagram to show where it goes.
Any one had this experience? Any help would be great!
TROPHYSEAT.gif

P.s Also i found a white plastic ball bearing that was cut in two and i know the rail uses this ball bearing to move back and forwards any problems here too.

Reaction score
Trophy No.
I thought there was a "sticky" regarding these issues, would it maybe be a good idea to retitle this and make it one as we now have pictures :)

Cue

Reaction score
Trophy No.
i think this is what went wrong with mine, i'm 90% sure they had to replace the seat runners... but not certain.

Reaction score
Thats what i thought but i dont think my extended warranty will cover this! At with the runners costing £910.25+vat really does make it a dilema!

Reaction score
Trophy No.
power ranger said:
And with the runners costing £910.25+vat really does make it a dilema!

WOW. We ought to have a reno, silly price of the day thread, just to cheer us all up. Or not.

Surely Recaro would be able to supply these at a more reasonable cost.

Jay

Reaction score
had the same problem on mine. Got it fixed by my local Renault garage who claimed they just greased up the rails.

hasn't rattled since last year:)

Reaction score
I dont think grease will sort this issue out tho Jay as where the bar connects to the rail its almost as ifs loose!

Jay

Reaction score
HI mate

Been a while!

Thats exactly what I had, and when they said they just greased it I was a little baffled.

Before I had it done though, a mate put some silicon on the bar which helped prior to it going in to the dealers. I'm working from home tomorrow so will have a look under the seat and see if I can see anything obvious.

Will let u know.

J

Reaction score
Same problem here.. its annoying as hell. I'll be keeping an eye on this thread

Reaction score
Howdo Jay!

Yeah its been a while. How is the 'T' and you?

Its in for MOT on Friday so i will get the guy to have a look not that he will know and get his opinon!
I read on the sticky thread that is about 12+ pages long that this is a serious issue and that if had a crash and you have a passenger there basically going to go through the windscreen as it will dettach itself from the runners. How he knows this i dont though but it got me thinking!
There must be a fix or maybe ask Recaro themselves but there not the ones who make the runners are they? :?:

Reaction score
I have sorted the rattle would you beleive it all it need was a quick bang towards the door panel on the actual handle itself and hey presto its not solid and no rattles! Good times :D

Reaction score
power ranger said:
I have sorted the rattle would you beleive it all it need was a quick bang towards the door panel on the actual handle itself and hey presto its not solid and no rattles! Good times :D

Am trying to get my head around this... you need to bang the seat "handle" towards door "panel"??? Doesn't make sense to me? Can you please clarify?
Cheers

Reaction score
You see the picture at the top and you see the handle which you pull to move the seat backwards and forwards thhis is what you need to bang but obviously bang it towards the door panel! And with some force but not to much to break the seat handle itself!