Reaction score
Has anybody here changed to an R26 from the trophy? what do you think? made the right decision? i dont want to regret it :(

R26 test drive was good but you never can be too sure. Also, im looking to sell my Trophy so if anyone is looking and is in the Mid beds area let me know. It has 14k on clock, totally standard, never tracked looking for 11k ish

Reaction score
best best is to get some piccies up and do a full for sale thread.... price seems fair tbh!

look fwd to hearing your views on the Meggy.... have you signed up to www.meganesport.net ?

good owners forum for you :wink:

Reaction score
R26 to Trophy

Ordered one but then pulled out,nice car great handling, but i need 4 doors , so maybe a R32! havent made my mind up yet , should have got it on the 4th of April,in Ultra red :cry:

G

I'm torn between spending £11k on a Trophy and having myself some money or spending £19k and having myself a faster car in the shape of an R26 (the Megane version, not the F1 car!). Not sure which route to take at the moment.

Reaction score
David87 said:
I'm torn between spending £11k on a Trophy and having myself some money or spending £19k and having myself a faster car in the shape of an R26 (the Megane version, not the F1 car!). Not sure which route to take at the moment.

The fact that the R26 will depcreciate almost 50% in 2-3 years is reason enough for me to stick to the Trophy.

Also I don't think the R26 is that much quicker, certainly not £8k faster. If you want faster then best to go Jap performance route (read: WRX/Evo) or keep it simple and pure and stick with the Trophy.

Edit: you're into Boxster S territory at £19k...

O.

Reaction score
g40steve said:
^^^ same here, don't think for me it has any benefit.

Trophy would wipe the floor with one on my local b roads, maybe when i grow up :D

Not sure about that, it's pretty useful on track with the lsd and has a nice fat torque curve. Never pay £19K for one though! You should be able to get one for a lot less, then, like people say the depreciation will hurt less. I personally would love an R26 but it's no replacement for the Trophy, there's nothing old-school go-kart about the Megane, it's the best of the big, turbocharged hatches by far though, and the quickest.

£19K will buy Steve's (allvehicles) mint DC5. Think about that.