Cue

Reaction score
Trophy No.
richandgem said:
Thanks for all the comments and feedback peeps.
bit of a toss up between the trophy and a new red 197, just really like the idea of the trophy, have liked them for ages :D

Want sumin that goes and stink and handles better than just bout anything u'll find on the road,

The only 3 negatives I heard bout the trophy so far are that the seats arent very comfortable and dont give much room when u have people in the back (doesnt really bother me bout the room thing, havent got kids and dont take passenger coz they slow me down :lol: ). the other thing is that the suspension is really hard, which to be honest I couldnt give a monkeys about, long as it goes round corners well :D

Kirsty and Nik what colour you go for :?:

Seats are virtually the same as what you get in the R27 I think, sure they are both Treadlines..... don't quote me on that though....

The suspension is only hard when you go over cobbles, unless you're wanting to spend a 100,000 on a car with magnetic dampers you're not going to find a car that handles as well as the trophy and is limo smooth.

As everyone seems to find, after you take that first corner, you'll be hooked.

Cue

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Kirsty said:
course he will miss the trophy but hes getting a brand new car, a lot of people would like a brand new car! as much as i love the trophy i do prefer the new r27 (sorry) i think its more stylish and a bit more sensible for starting families and stuff :p :p not much room for a baby seat in the trophy is there :p but its also fast enuff to use on the track and im sure we will get a lot of pleasure out of it. im sure u will all feel like a change soon enuff

theo u havent had urs for that long, nik has had his since it came out, he was one of the first in the country to have one. im sure in a couple of yrs u will feel like a change too :)

weve got it in black! should come fri yay hehe!!

that's a point, is Nik doing Oulton or Cadwell this year?

Nik

ClioTrophy Admin
Reaction score
Trophy No.
Cue said:
that's a point, is Nik doing Oulton or Cadwell this year?

Not booked either yet no. I have a credit note for Donington which i expect will be the first outing for the R27.

Reaction score
I drove nearly a 500 mile round trip last weekend to FCS and home and I didn't feel any dis-comfort. I think it's more a matter of what sort of build you are and how you fit the shape of the seat (if that makes sense)

The suspension is not as hard as some people would have you believe (these people mainly being the inhabitants of cliosport who slate the Trophy at any given opportunity)

The ride is easily liveable with and I can honestly say I've never found it uncomfortable

heard some people saying that the seats in the R27 are uncomfortable aswell, did a 250mile round trip the other weekend and not even a slight back ache, they are great. Why does everyone on cliosport slate the trophy, they are always goin on bout how useless and slow the 197 is :?

p.s. liquid yellow is the best colour :D

Reaction score
richandgem said:

heard some people saying that the seats in the R27 are uncomfortable aswell, did a 250mile round trip the other weekend and not even a slight back ache, they are great. Why does everyone on cliosport slate the trophy, they are always goin on bout how useless and slow the 197 is :?

p.s. liquid yellow is the best colour :D

I guess some of it may possibly be a little envy? as Kirsty says people generally slag off others because their jealous?

At the end of the day though, 99% of the critics have probably never drove the Trophy so don't understand what it's about.

Hence the usual comments like 'It's no quicker in a straight line than my 182!' - well, it's not gonna be is it? same engine in the same chassis with a bit less weight - in the corners is where the differences start to appear

Reaction score
Because, Rich and Gem, Cliosport is a site populated by 95% bell-ends and 4% children who I wouldn't like to swear about. The only people on there who don't slate the Trophy are the Trophy owners, and if you think it's 'current car blinkers' why do I still think it's the greatest hot hatch ever created and I don't own one?

The Trophy seats are the most comfortable I've ever sat in, I did 700 miles through France and England in 10 hours in complete comfort and I'm tall so prone to back-ache. The more expensive (but older design) of Recaro in my current car aren't as comfortable. They just put the Trophy's Trendlines in the R26 which is a £20K car.

You really,really need to ignore all further opinions and arrange a test drive, they sell themselves on the test drive, if you can appreciate handling dynamics and a well-sorted chassis.