Reaction score
Hello
signed up coz I am seriously thinking bout buyin a trophy so want find out bout all the good and bad of the car what they are goin for etc. currently drive a, dare I say it on this site, clio 197 R27 F1 Team, which we both love but want to replace our Corsa 1.8

Love the trophy and like the idea of having another 1 of 500 car :D

thanks

p.s. be easy on the 197 abuse, we love it :lol:

Cue

Reaction score
Trophy No.
you won't get abuse on this forum, I personally quite like the R27, I just find it too bulky.....

Sorry Jeremy for harping on about this.... again....

Great handling car, if you put it on a diet, loose 100-150kg, you'll have a stonking car there.

I took one around Brands Hatch a few months back (I think it was the british press car iirc) and I had loads of fun, not as much as the Trophy though but I put that down to knowing the Trophy better.

Reaction score
Yeah it is a bit porky, few too many pies, but great handling. Would like to see what a trophy's like compared to the 182. Is the Trophy a 182 with a cup pack, or is it better?

Reaction score
richandgem said:
Is the Trophy a 182 with a cup pack, or is it better?

lol thats more likely to bring abuse than mentioning your R27 :p

No it's not a cup pack - the Trophy has Sachs Engineering dampers which have adjustable dampening - better than a 182 with cup packs

The handling is the main talking point of the Trophy

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Dave, you forgot to say it comes in red, red and red.

and now i'm off to hush my potty mouth.

Reaction score
See if Nik wants to swap the R27 for his Trophy! lol!

Guaranteed Delivary date! :p

Cue

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Cool Hand Luke said:
And Recaro's, and anthracite Speedline Turini's, and the spoiler from the V6.....

basically the base car is a 182 cup with better suspension, lighter wheels, better seats etc as above.

Same power but less weight so it's slightly (not noticeable in a straight line) quicker, round the twisty stuff though it's in a league of its own.

Kirsty

ClioTrophy Admin
Reaction score
Trophy No.
welcome rich and gem

u wont hear me and nik slag off the r27 we are waiting for ours to be delivered, this fri i hope :) were getting rid of the trophy for it :) would love to keep both but cant afford to.
r27 is beautiful :p

Reaction score
I'd like to call you a Traitor Nik but...

I don't think you'll be disappointed with the Trophy Rich and Gem, it's a step up from a Corsa that's for sure and noticably quicker than an R27 (17 as opposed to 19 seconds to 100). You'll also probably appreciate the steering and lively character compared with the 197, it's how a hot hatch should feel and pretty much unsurpassed on the whole.

Kirsty

ClioTrophy Admin
Reaction score
Trophy No.
LOL @ traitor! u never gonna sell the trophy then? ya gonna keep it forever?
cars get older, they get sold, u get newer cars, its life! hes far from a traitor, hes keeping the forum going for everyone just changing his car so :p

Reaction score
Thanks for all the comments and feedback peeps.
bit of a toss up between the trophy and a new red 197, just really like the idea of the trophy, have liked them for ages :D

Want sumin that goes and stink and handles better than just bout anything u'll find on the road,

The only 3 negatives I heard bout the trophy so far are that the seats arent very comfortable and dont give much room when u have people in the back (doesnt really bother me bout the room thing, havent got kids and dont take passenger coz they slow me down :lol: ). the other thing is that the suspension is really hard, which to be honest I couldnt give a monkeys about, long as it goes round corners well :D

Kirsty and Nik what colour you go for :?:

Reaction score
richandgem said:
The only 3 negatives I heard bout the trophy so far are that the seats arent very comfortable and dont give much room when u have people in the back (doesnt really bother me bout the room thing, havent got kids and dont take passenger coz they slow me down :lol: ). the other thing is that the suspension is really hard, which to be honest I couldnt give a monkeys about, long as it goes round corners well :D

I drove nearly a 500 mile round trip last weekend to FCS and home and I didn't feel any dis-comfort. I think it's more a matter of what sort of build you are and how you fit the shape of the seat (if that makes sense)

The suspension is not as hard as some people would have you believe (these people mainly being the inhabitants of cliosport who slate the Trophy at any given opportunity)

The ride is easily liveable with and I can honestly say I've never found it uncomfortable

Kirsty

ClioTrophy Admin
Reaction score
Trophy No.
course he will miss the trophy but hes getting a brand new car, a lot of people would like a brand new car! as much as i love the trophy i do prefer the new r27 (sorry) i think its more stylish and a bit more sensible for starting families and stuff :p :p not much room for a baby seat in the trophy is there :p but its also fast enuff to use on the track and im sure we will get a lot of pleasure out of it. im sure u will all feel like a change soon enuff

theo u havent had urs for that long, nik has had his since it came out, he was one of the first in the country to have one. im sure in a couple of yrs u will feel like a change too :)

weve got it in black! should come fri yay hehe!!