Reaction score
Briefly introduced myself in the newbies section last week.

A week down on the ownership of No 427 and all is good.
However someone has attempted to machine polish the car before me owning it and has made a right mess of the paint work, holograms and swirls all over the place. Marks left behind from a machine polisher evident on the bonnet.
So I have decided to go down the route of correcting the paint by hand to start off with rather than take more paint off with a rotary. ( always the least destructive methods first)

Spent Saturday hand polishing it, SWIRL X, SRP and finally sticking a thin layer of AG HD WAX to see me through a motorway commute.
This week, weather permitting I will start back cutting with some MEGS ULTIMATE COMPOUND, which should bring the paint back to life, and repairing the marks left from the polisher.
Plan to have wheels in for a full refurb at lepsons next month, staying standard but wanting to have them sparkly again.

anyway for now here are some driveway shots.

note: it rained 2 mins after closing the front door!!! so some nice beading images on AG WAX.

TROPHY42763.jpg
TROPHY42762.jpg
TROPHY42753.jpg
TROPHY42738.jpg
TROPHY42737.jpg
TROPHY42733.jpg
TROPHY42727.jpg
TROPHY42726.jpg
TROPHY42723.jpg
TROPHY42715.jpg
TROPHY42711.jpg
TROPHY4279.jpg
TROPHY4271.jpg
SW1_5718.jpg
SW1_5710.jpg

Reaction score
Looks great, I especially like the last photo; guessing it has seen a little additional contrast in PS?

May I ask what you use in the way of applicators for hand polishing?

Reaction score
I use a mixture between MEGS Foam applicators (yellow) and MF pads.

Reaction score
planetx said:
I use a mixture between MEGS Foam applicators (yellow) and MF pads.

cool - I am very slowly working towards sorting myself out with suitable kit to polish mine (previously permaguarded..), and am keen to see what works for others.

Reaction score
It looks good mate! however i do think your exhaust is sitting a little too far in

Reaction score
lots of people say that, however i have noticed that once the car has been driven it sticks out more, guess this is the metal expanding?

For info - it is a Yozza system mated to the standard cat pipe, wonder if the Yozza decat pipe is longer than the standard cat pipe - ?

Cue

Reaction score
Trophy No.
that shouldn't matter as the back box is set on hanger mounts that are chassis mounted. Yozza sould be able to sort this if you phone Andy.

It's sitting around 2 inch to far into the body work, this needs sorting as you'll bugger up the bumper with the exhaust heat and gasses.

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Also the rear bumper can be moved backwards and forwards so you may have some leeway there.

Reaction score
excellent tips guys, will look into it at the weekend.