New Member / Trophy 116 / Boot floor question!

Reaction score
Firstly, heelo I'm new.

I owned a 172 cup from 2003 to 2006 and now I have an opportunity to purchase Trophy number 116.

Does anyone know anything about this particular trophy? The reg is ET05 HHX if that helps. First registered in July 2005 and supplied by Lookers Colchester.

Do all 182's have dodgy looking welds under the boot carpet? I'm assuming it's where Renault deleted the wheel well to make way for the exhaust box. My 172 of course did not have this so I just wanted to make sure it wasn't due to anything sinister! Any pictures of a Trophy boot floor would be most appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Matt

Reaction score
Thanks. Mainly on the left hand side. It's a big old weld which looks very bodyshop-esque.

Reaction score
I've had a good look at the floor in particular the left hand side and the only thing I can see is that there seems to be a seem running along the floor which is covered in possibly seem sealer and then the sound deadening. If I remember back before when I had the whole carpet out of the boot I think I noticed what looked like a couple of heavy welds running along the bottom of both the arches where they join the floor. If that's what you mean?

If you could get a photo of the area - I'll have a better look for you.

Cue

Reaction score
Trophy No.
yes to answer the question - I bought mine brand new so can safely say it must have been done in the factory and not some dodgy bodyshop lol.