Cue

Reaction score
Trophy No.
trophy176 said:
Cue give me a shout when you go to rs tuning I may tag along and put mine on the rolling road.

and Asim, I'll let everyone know as i may organise some sort of Group buy with Paul @ RS Tuning - it may coincide with my 24k service which they'll be doing also.

Reaction score
Cue that would may coincide with 24k so keep us posted.

My car was remapped by Ben and it is RS Tuning who provide data.

Reaction score
I wouldn't be disappointed with that at all asim, that's at least 17bhp more than a standard Trophy, so in effect is 182 + 17 = 199bhp relative to an untuned example. There is a lot of RR discussion on itr-dc2 and the Honda engines are the best out there for getting close to their claimed outputs but even modded DC2's rarely see 200bhp, it's very difficult to make significant gains to peak power output from an already high specific output naturally aspirated engine.

If you really want a reliable 200bhp from any RR in the country, put a light pressure turbo on it. Otherwise enjoy the fact that you've got a really nice, responsive engine in one of the best FWD chassis' around.

rojer386

ClioTrophy Club Member
Reaction score
Trophy No.
Steve said:
I wouldn't be disappointed with that at all asim, that's at least 17bhp more than a standard Trophy, so in effect is 182 + 17 = 199bhp relative to an untuned example. There is a lot of RR discussion on itr-dc2 and the Honda engines are the best out there for getting close to their claimed outputs but even modded DC2's rarely see 200bhp, it's very difficult to make significant gains to peak power output from an already high specific output naturally aspirated engine.

If you really want a reliable 200bhp from any RR in the country, put a light pressure turbo on it. Otherwise enjoy the fact that you've got a really nice, responsive engine in one of the best FWD chassis' around.

Well said!! IMO rolling roads are only good for 2 things.....Tuning and pub figures. At the end of the day it's how the car drives that is most important.

If I were you I would be happy with those gains.

Reaction score
Asim kindly let me drive his car the other week, I only drove it a few miles but first impressions where that there is a lot more power lower down the rev range. :D

This power just keeps going all the way to the red line and is very smooth without any kick.

One thing I did notice when comparing to mine, was that the engine in fact the whole car felt very tight - brand new in fact as Asim's car has only done 10K miles & was run in by the book. I'm sure that with more mileage, a few track days etc it will loosen up nicely and release even more power. :lol:

Reaction score
7MAT said:
One thing I did notice when comparing to mine, was that the engine in fact the whole car felt very tight - brand new in fact as Asim's car has only done 10K miles & was run in by the book. I'm sure that with more mileage, a few track days etc it will loosen up nicely and release even more power. :lol:

Thats a very good point to make. My car became much more alive between 10 and 20k miles.

Reaction score
Yeah mine is on 19k and bought with 10k seems to be a lot looser now. Also mods are 'worn' in to so whole package feels very very quick.

Reaction score
Trophy No.
7MAT said:
Asim kindly let me drive his car the other week, I only drove it a few miles but first impressions where that there is a lot more power lower down the rev range. :D

This power just keeps going all the way to the red line and is very smooth without any kick.

Good one, puts a little bit of flesh on the bare bones of figures alone, it's not all about that top figure.

Reaction score
I got mine at 18,000 and it's now on 30,000, and it's loosened up noticeably in that time.

As others have said, given the fact it's only done around 10k miles I wouldn't be too worried :)

Reaction score
Re: standard 182

r14pur said:
my 182 made 188bhp standard. got the print outs to prove. was very pleased!

That seems very odd - have you had it on a different set of rollers since then? I think I would be tempted to