Reaction score
Power at wheels: 142.4 Bhp
Power at flywheel: 185.6 Bhp (corrected)
Maximum torque: 154.1 lb ft @ 5664 Rpm

Quite dissapointed really. :( It was tested at Northampton Motorsport this afternoon. Outside temp: 19c. Whats happened Ben? Where is my quoted 200+? I expected atleast 195ish. :x

What sort of figures have others got in the past?

ps. For those who don't know, I have an Orbisoud exhaust + sports cat, ITG Maxogen, reworked Inlets, cams and re-map.

Reaction score
Trophy No.
I think a lot of ppl have been labouring under the impression that our cars are even close to the 182 reno have quoted. Those figures do seem very low but i'm not particularly suprised unfortunately. Will be doing a RR soon so it''ll be interesting to compare as i have the same as you barring the cams and ITG. My hopes are not high. :(

Reaction score
Isn't how it feels with the modifications done more important than the figures?

Figures are good for the pub but not much else.

Reaction score
:? Doesn't sound a good result considering the work you've done imo.

Did you have it RR'd anywhere as standard?
If so I'd run it on their rollers again & see what occurs, although same day measurements are best.

Don't forget the RR is only a guide & every set of rollers are only as good as the operator from what I've read :wink:

Reaction score
g40steve said:
I would get another RR booked somewhere else :D
I think so too. :lol:

I know it definatly feels quicker than my old CTR's and is much more torquey. In July 2005 when I first drove a Trophy, it felt significantly weaker than my CTR that I had at the time but this Trophy is just plain quicker so I think Northampton Motorsport will be a no-no next time.

Reaction score
I should also mention that the torque curve was very peaky and not smooth at all.
I now believe custom mapping is the only way to go.

Cue

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Jeez, i'd have thought yours wouldbe pushing out more than that, looking at some of the figure in the garage and the work you've had done makes me suspicious about the RR.... mines going on RS tunings in the new year... i'll post up after the 'zorst and remap have been done.

Reaction score
I too would have expected to have seen more with your mods, however it's a bit harsh to "blame" a particular rRolling rRoad. Even paying a lot of attention to the setup it's unlikely you'd get one RR giving the same output as another as so much is dependant on external factors.

Ulimately it's not the number that gets kicked out by the computer you need to worry about, rather the difference between before and after runs using the same equipment, correction factors, ambient temps etc. Ideally you would RR the standard car, do a mod, RR again, mod again, etc etc - one step at a time so each effect can be determined. Unfortunately, if you haven't got the before figures you can't do this. It's not too hard to find rolling roads that will produce higher figures than others, although you can bet the customer will leave happier if told a more flattering value.....

Asim, what mapping do you have on the car at the moment. From the list of mods you've done I very much doubt that the map is ideal if it's not custom - they'll often be tailored around a certain package (whether it be standard, or light mods such as filter and exhaust).

I would certainly expect there to be gains to be had through a more bespoke map.

Reaction score
I wouldnt think there will be massive differences between RR,s but if every one tries to give a false high reading then you may have less................................
Hopefully another session else where will show these differences up.

Let us know as soon as.

Reaction score
Sorry to hear that asim that seems well low, I am sure my 172 reached 169 corrected at wheels and torque was around 140. Thats was with no mods.

Definitely get it done again somewhere else.

Maybe we should organise a trophy shootout?

Reaction score
asim said:
Power at wheels: 142.4 Bhp
Power at flywheel: 185.6 Bhp (corrected)
Maximum torque: 154.1 lb ft @ 5664 Rpm

Quite dissapointed really. :( It was tested at Northampton Motorsport this afternoon. Outside temp: 19c. Whats happened Ben? Where is my quoted 200+? I expected atleast 195ish. :x

What sort of figures have others got in the past?

ps. For those who don't know, I have an Orbisoud exhaust + sports cat, ITG Maxogen, reworked Inlets, cams and re-map.

Very high rpm for max torque - do you know what rpm was max power produced at? Thanks

amm

Reaction score
did you get the car remapped on a RR after the cams and inlet work ?

Reaction score
A few things to consider;

1/ How was the car run in?

2/ How many miles has the engine done?

3/ Who's ECU re-map?

4/ The Catcam's that Ben's fitted will not give massive increase top end. The increase will be mid range.

5/ Have you got before and after graphs - and where do the bhp and torque cross?

I think I know who Ben uses for re-maps, he comes highly recommended by all the sheep on cliosport but I'm just not convinced.

While the rolling road might be a bit disappointing, the real question is how does it feel to drive and did it put a smile on your face after all the work being done?

Reaction score
as Matt said, a figure is only a figure, it can't describe the increases you will notice when actually driving the car i.e. the midrange....mine was very noticeable post rempap...it charged for the redline so much more ferociously.

Those figures do seem low....and in 19 deg too, you were lucky to have it that cool so should be higher really. Was it a dyno dynamics RR? They seem to be the most accurate.

Your torque seems even more dissappointing than the power figure tbh...I have almost the same mods as you, minus the cams: exhaust, decat, inlet, remap, and a simota IK at the time in 25 deg heat it did 181bhp and 160lb/ft, but there were periods where the power was 15bhp up and torque 20lb/ft up over pre-rempa graph.

Since these figures I changed the simota for a viper as i was losing so much power through heat soak, but with the viper and a custom CAF there is none and on various tests on the road i was seeing around 15 deg C lower inlet temps....couple this with not 1 of the hottest days of the year and 190 is expected as inlet temps are about the most influential thing to cause power or lack of it, and you can feel the extra power on the road too.

get it done at another RR, these clio's don't tune easily :lol: