is1

Reaction score
This may have been discussed in dribs and drabs before but I thought I would resurrect it.
During the recent weather, I notice that the car seems caked in crap which I think is partly down to dirt/salt being kicked up by the tyres. Curiously, the rear hatch seems to always be the worst affected panel (something to do with aero?).

On my Evo 6, I used to have the rally style mudflaps. Not only did they look quite good (made the car look lower) but no doubt helped to keep the stones and rubbish from being kicked up against the car.

I spotted that a company called Rally Flapz do a professionally cut kit for the Clio with fittings/instructions and wondered whether anyone has them, wants them or has an opinion on them generally. They are available in red or black and you can put a silver logo on them (Trophy/Renaultsport etc).

Reaction score
I have seem a picture of a trophy on here with mud flaps. Will try and search for it...

Reaction score
I can see the sense in fitting some - maybe just for the winter - but imo they'd have to be discrete, i.e. black and plain.

is1

Reaction score
Trophy 110 yours look nice.
No idea where they are from though. I don't believe there are any genuine ones so these have been sourced/created from somewhere!
Have you any idea where these are from?

Reaction score
You're not the first person to ask but I'm afraid I've no idea where they are from. Car had 3 owners before me I believe so could have been any of them that fitted them. So they aren't genuine Renault then?

Reaction score
Yep, would definately want a set on the front. Really stops the stone chipping on rear arches in front of rear wheels and keeps sills in far better condition.

Never been a fan of mud flaps on rear, unless regulations stipulate (rallying). I don't think they reduce the dirt on the rear much, as dirt on rear is predominently sucked up from road as car pushes a hole through air. I think they more stop stones and muck being kicked up into following vehicles. Who cares what happens behind if it compromises the aesthetics : )

If you ask for mud flaps at a Renault dealer for a RenaultSport, in my experience, you are met with a wall of blank stares.