Reaction score
What mpg do you guys get from your trophys? My brother gets 30 on average around town but i get 26? But we do the same driving? Im thinking there might be something wrong with mine.

Reaction score
I'm either driving a lot harder or Vpower doesn't quite cut it, but in mixed driving I'm back to seeing bout 25-26 mpg. Pretty usual if you like 2nd gear I reckon. :D

Reaction score
I've had 37 mpg on a run to Essex & back.

As soon as I got stuck in traffic once off the M25 the mpg dived big time.

I got home with 25.7mpg :roll:

POXY TRAFFIC

Reaction score
Just a thought but maybe you need to reset the ecu some way so it can better learn you driving style if your brother is doing the same driving and getting better mpg. Another thing did you do your oil service with the siklolene pro, perhaps the engine may not run as nicely on the renault stuff.

Reaction score
All down to driving habits, I have got 40mpg on the motorway to Cumbria, 330 mile trip averaged 38mpg but it bored the hell out of me (75mph max). On the way back, I managed a far more impressive 23mpg on the short stint between the M25 and Brighton, in as many minutes!

B-Roads blasts with lots of accelerating out of corners will see it drop into the low 20's too.

Reaction score
Steve Gunnis said:
B-Roads blasts with lots of accelerating out of corners will see it drop into the low 20's too.
:shock: Low 20's :shock:

My last B road blast still saw 27 - 29 and that was really giving it some trying to keep up with more powerful cars .

Reaction score
I seem to average about 32 on the computer, which is only 31 in reality. I find it a bit depressing how quickly the gauge falls, although it does seem to slow down again for the last 1/4 of the dial. I thought the trip computer was talking cr*p when it said 110 miles to go on my last tank but actually it does seem quite trustworthy (famous last words!).

Cue

Reaction score
Trophy No.
even on track i was getting 19/20 !! and that was really giving the gearbox something to complain about. The valves weren't best pleased to have been awoken from their slumber either but I treated them to a service straight afterwards and they forgave me :)

Reaction score
This is an interesting one... First of all, never trust the computer thingy on the dash - horsesh!t is the best description for its calculations!

The way I calculate my MPG is as follows:

250 miles to a tank / 40 litres x 4.546 = 28.41 MPG

Just an example but far better than relying on the computer which assures me of a steady 34.8 MPG!

Reaction score
T7PHY said:
This is an interesting one... First of all, never trust the computer thingy on the dash - horsesh!t is the best description for its calculations!

The way I calculate my MPG is as follows:

250 miles to a tank / 40 litres x 4.546 = 28.41 MPG

Just an example but far better than relying on the computer which assures me of a steady 34.8 MPG!

ah but when justifying the car 34.8mpg sounds much better than 28.4mpg :wink:

when was the last time you reset the trip computer?

Reaction score
i was a bit pissed off to only get 28 Mpg

I have no idea where they get the 34.8 Mpg figure from as there is no way these cars can do this bar 60 Mph on a motoway.

I am not so sure V power is working so well on the Trophy, I put standard texico in the other day and the car felt much better and faster so explain that one.

Reaction score
I agree MrD06, I am not sold on V Power for the Trophy... It was great (Optimax that is) in the TT that I had before though. I think it varies from car to car.

Am in process of trying all the 'supers' around at the moment to see which feels best. Will report back in a week or two!

Tom.

Reaction score
I really don't know what you guys are doing but I've got a re-map which releases about another 8bhp maximum power and more lower in the revs and I can easily manage the quoted 34,8mpg on the motorway and that's above 70mph. As said, I managed 39mpg driving at 75 mph over a whole tank. I got over 400 miles out of that tank.

Low 20's is easy on B-roads too, don't factor in the whole journey that includes the spirited driving, reset the computer and give it some welly, keeping it in the power (above 5K revs at all times), either accelerating or braking and you can see a lot worse than low 20's! If I fill up at the Shell garage at the start of a trip up the A23, accelerating from the roundabout right through the gears will see 16-20mpg on the computer.

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Think it's 34.4. Not into gadgets so never reset the tripso the 34 is an average over 4000 miles all sorts of driving.

Cue

Reaction score
Trophy No.
while mine's in for it's new bonnet i'm driving a diesel yes diesel Mondeo, i'm getting 48 mpg...... while ragging the nuts of it... I thought people rave about the chassis on these things?