Reaction score
Trophy No.
Do we need more?

It's become clear over the last year or so that from the list of moderators only Cue actively visits let alone moderates the site and it seems even he is not able to come on as much as he once did. That's not to imply any criticism, people move on, have different priorities etc etc. Also I personally think the forum tends to manage itself almost.
But do we need to freshen things up, Get some new people in to maybe organise/co-ordinate events/meets whatever.
Also when I joined it was always slightly reassuring to have those coloured names pop up at the bottom of the screen, weird :?

Anyway what do you think?

and no, I wouldn't put myself forward. I'd much rather sit on the fenceAND fire in all directions :)

Reaction score
Personally I don't think this site needs much moderation!

I mean there is very little in the way of dodgy threads etc!

I'd put myself forward if needed! I have been a big fan of the trophy since day 1 unfortunately it just took 4 years to get one and I intend to keep it so I would not be leaving any time soon!

Plus it's now the only forum I use that I can access at work on my phone so would be able to keep an eye on it no probs!

Although I do realize I'm a newish member with a low count!

Reaction score
PB.283 said:
Plus it's now the only forum I use that I can access at work on my phone so would be able to keep an eye on it no probs!

Read on facebook :lol:

Cue

Reaction score
Trophy No.
i agree to some extent #-o i cant make it onto the site as often as i did - Work loads etc, but it's not a massive job.. i think we have around 5 moderators and even Nik isnt on that often as he was.....

Nik, what say thee?

Reaction score
I think it's a good idea as I only notice Cue moderating on here.

I also agree we should have better organisation with local meets and assign area reps that arrange these on a regular basis.

At the moment local meets receive a poor turn out partly because of this. Perhaps create a calendar of events throughout the year so everyone knows when these are?

Nik

ClioTrophy Admin
Reaction score
Trophy No.
Hi guys,

I agree to what has been said in this thread, and it's probably time to look at moderators again. As Cue says, I'm not on here as often as I used to be, but thats mainly down to the fact that generally this place needs very little moderation. Some of you may know I'm also part of the admin team on another larger Clio forum, and I think it's fair to say the maturity of Trophy owners seems to be at a much higher level (and i'm not suggesting you are all old farts :wink: ).

I'd like to thank Cue for the time he puts into generally being the sole moderator for this place, as its thanks to him that i've been comfortable not having to keep an hourly check on things. If anyone thinks they would like to moderate this forum then please PM me with a few words about why you'd like to do it / availability details (how often you can be on the forum) and any prior experience etc. I'm not sure how exactly to proceed yet so please do not take it personally if you don't get chosen, but it would be good to see who is interested.

As for events and meets, it's something i've always struggled with for a forum of this size. A long time ago I tried to set up area reps to arrange meets across the country, but there were not many takers. I'm happy to look at this again however. We've had a few stands at car shows over the years but FCS and Trax etc aren't always to Trophy members tastes, and I dont always have the time to plan and co-ordinate them. If someone would like to take on the role of organising national events like the major shows then i'd me more than happy to hear from them.

I will also look into setting up a calendar so meets / events can be posted.

Cheers,

Nik

BenG

ClioTrophy Moderator
Reaction score
Trophy No.
As for events and meets, it's something i've always struggled with for a forum of this size. A long time ago I tried to set up area reps to arrange meets across the country, but there were not many takers. I'm happy to look at this again however.

I like organizing meets but the last 2 NW Clio Trophy meets I have organized have been a bit of a failure in regards to how many people show up. I think 3 is the record, it seems pointless planning routes etc when the turnouts are so poor. For me, nothing beats meeting up with like minded people and going for a drive in search of Epic roads, its what owning a car is all about. Shame others dont feel the same way.

Reaction score
PB.283 said:
Personally I don't think this site needs much moderation!

I mean there is very little in the way of dodgy threads etc!

I'd put myself forward if needed! I have been a big fan of the trophy since day 1 unfortunately it just took 4 years to get one and I intend to keep it so I would not be leaving any time soon!

Although I do realize I'm a newish member with a low count!

Sure, but how many 1000's over on RSUK? ;-)
Fortunately for moderating purposes this is a low volume, sensible shoes forum and there isn't an audience for the typical numpties a forum draws that want to cause sh1te, for them stick around.
Much like a volunteer comunity firehall, it just needs some folks available to come around and put out a fire when the community members raise the alarm.

Reaction score
Trophy No.
When I said moderators I meant in the widest sense. I said in my original post that the forum pretty much looks after itself and doesn't need much moderating allthough i'm sure it would take some pressure off Cue, although the quickfire batchs of posts on about twenty threads are entertaining. I'm not sure if getting area reps and mods is really very realistic on a small forum perhaps the mods should be from different regions and should also be responsible for those regions and help those organising meets etc.

Renaultsport

ClioTrophy Moderator
Reaction score
I think the major bit of mod'ing for this site is removing SPAM or giving people their lucky 3rd Trophy star. After all we are a small community :)

Combining the area reps/moderator role could be a good one! I showed interest in the area rep role a while back in a discussion with Nik at a meet, but as mentioned this never really took off.

Cue

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Renaultsport said:
I think the major bit of mod'ing for this site is removing SPAM or giving people their lucky 3rd Trophy star. After all we are a small community :)

Combining the area reps/moderator role could be a good one! I showed interest in the area rep role a while back in a discussion with Nik at a meet, but as mentioned this never really took off.
you've hit the nail on the head really, other than that it's settling arguements and keeping an eye out for stromba's return lol... :mrgreen:

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Good to see that two of the people I thought would be ideal for this now have the job.

Congrats to Ben and Tim =D>

BenG

ClioTrophy Moderator
Reaction score
Trophy No.
Thanks J.

Ive just broke my laptop in all the excitement, now it wont charge and the battery is going to go. :p