Reaction score
Thankfully the kid had half a percent of talent to catch it. Otherwise it's clear he has zero brain or much other talent. The bikes left him for dust.

You are a brainless *wat to do that on a public road; it's clear I'm getting old :roll:

Reaction score
I agree it is a bit moronic.. Specifically diving around other traffic. And speaking as an occasional biker it also annoys me as it's videos like this that give bikers a bad name.

I think the bloke driving the GT3 looked like a fairly competant driver the way he caught that slide. Porsches aren't easy to drive fast anyway, so to catch that so neatly at that speed I reckon is impressive. It's not like he's 17 and driving a saxo on the edge of physics with 3 14 year old girls in the back...

Reaction score
It's not like he's 17 and driving a saxo on the edge of physics with 3 14 year old girls in the back...

Funny. Although he doesn't look much older than 17. He's perhaps the Brazillian sugar cane heir version of a kid in a Saxo. Agree with you about Porsche's being a handful to drive quickly. It looks like he nicely feathered the throttle (or kept his foot in) and corrected it. Electronic driver aid may have helped too.

Can anyone tell if it's actually a GT3? Anything in the interior give it away? Given the speed the bikes dropped them I would have thought it was more a stock 911 or 911S.

Still a stupid thing to do.

Reaction score
Yeah, it is a GT3, you can tell by the sound, they have a different engine to the stock 911's. I don't think there are many cars that will ever look fast in a straight line against a fast bike...

I don't recall GT3's having TC but i might be wrong. In any case it wouldnt react quick enough at that speed, and if it did, the angle of opposite lock he had on would have put him in the wall. Oppo lock and TC don't mix!

Reaction score
Excellent - you can't really tell if it's a GT3 by the sound in this vid clip, the noise is subtly different with a GT3 on oem pipes but with a sports exhaust all carreras sound like that - the GT1 bottom end, dry sump, titanium rods and the extra 45 bhp (mark 1 GT3) or 75 bhp (mark 2) won't change the sound that much, - I currently have a 997C2S with an oem sports exhaust and it sounds just like the one in the vid from inside the car.

I think It's a 996, series two (380 bhp) by the looks of it, couldn't make out if the centre console has a screen on it - if it has then it's less likely to be a GT3 as not many owners order them with PCM (the comms package including the screen for the on board computer, radio, sat nav etc). Doesn't really matter if it's a GT3 or not though - it went well!!

I don't think 996 GT3's had the porsche stability management option (TC) but I am getting old so can't remember...

I've driven lots of them, including gen 1 and gen 2 GT3's, IMO they are not that difficult to drive fast these days - that said, he did react well to the slide!!

Hard to touch a superbike but always great fun trying..... =D> =D>

Reaction score
Just watching the way that guy was weaving in and out of traffic at speed scared me.. People like that need their head checked...!!!

Reaction score
Indeed; when we drove down to Austria last Feb in a Landy Defender, I couldn't believe how aggressively we were treated - I'm always very careful to pull out when there's a significant gap but they would come barrelling up behind from miles away and then on our bumper.. Very annoying!

At least (from my limited experience) most of the Europeans appear to abide by keeping in the right-most lane when not overtaking anything mind you =D>

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Could you have chosen a worse vehicle to drive that far in? When I used to drive one you could watch the needle moving to empty on long journeys.

Reaction score
ermm... Well we had loads of gear, plus 3 people.. The T would have required the rear seats down for a snowboard, let alone all of the other kit we had.. (Not prepared to use a rack..).

It was freaking cold in the back too.. But it was just about worth it for the fun that we had with it in the snow once we got there! ;)

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Yeah great fun and brilliant at what they do well, unfortunately that doesn't include motorways. Hope you had more than the fold down benchs in the back you'd need a seriously well padded butt for those to be anything less than torture after a few miles.

Reaction score
It's a panel van style so the back seat was a retro fit jobbie. Pretty comfy but not awesome and terrible for viewing the road ahead; or rather not!! Just thankful that this one is far from standard - running a full expedition setup, including suitably tweaked engine.. Still cruised at 65-70 mind you! The lucky people in the front had the joy of heated seats.. In the back it was a sleeping bag and blanket!!

Reaction score
Am I the only one who thinks thats just some tarted up video game, simulation thing?
The spacing of some of those cars seemed a bit lucky and they all look pretty blocky/homogeneous (although I do realise that goes for cars generally speaking )
If it is real... shouldn't one of those moderators be locking this street racing thread? :wink:

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Crazy video, still cant work out how this thread descended into a discussion about Land rovers!!!! :lol:

Rich you should be :oops:

:wink:

Reaction score
Much like the Trophy.. They're built with a purpose and they do what they were designed to do very well.... Tenuous link perhaps..! :lol:

Cue

Reaction score
Trophy No.
can someone please update this thread with the u-tube vidoe of him stuffing it into the back of a HGV - i'll leave the thread open until that's found lol.