Reaction score
Anyone thinking of doing a Maxogen group buy.............surely this must go side by side the Orbisoud group buy?

Cue

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Carlos Fandango said:
Anyone thinking of doing a Maxogen group buy.............surely this must go side by side the Orbisoud group buy?

i'd be game but it's not on my project list until the new year..... as the orb may cost 600+, the maxogen on top of that would be at leadt another 200... a lot to shell out this side of xmas with the kid on its way... :(

Reaction score
Trophy No.
In the same boat as cue really, was not planning on doing anything else until next year BUT if the price was right I'd be pretty interested.

Reaction score
trophy176 said:
Yeah count me in but dependent on cost not too keen shelling over 300 pounds on one.

What about the BMC CDA, can be had with the new Samco induction elbow for £210 delivered.

IMHO just as good as the Maxogen.

Reaction score
g40steve said:
How much is a maxogen, any advantage apart from sound??
I payed around £400 iirc. That was 16 months ago though.
Definate advantage to be had. When I first had it installed I didn't notice any difference in sound :? but the most difference I've noticed in performance from any one mod apart from the cams.

Orbisoud, ITG filter + re-map - tinyest gain in torque, plenty gains in exhaust sound. :D
Maxogen - Good gains in performance, no gains in sound (at first).
Re-worked inlets + re-map - again tinyest gain in torque.
Cams + re-map - Biggest gains in performance, angrier engine note.

Since having the cams and inlets I can hear the Maxogen much more. :?

Reaction score
Hmmm interesting shall ponder BMC over next day or so. Red Samco looks cool.

Manifold plus re-,ap saw my greatest gain.

Reaction score
Cheapest I have seen is K Tec when you combine the cliosport forum discount of 5% comes to £367.25. But then P&P is an extra £10.00. :(

Anyone know of somewhere cheaper?

Reaction score
itg doesnt give large discounts on the maxogen as it costs them alot to make, so you wont be able to find large discounts on them unless you can generate a huge group buy and possibly go direct to the dealer or main distributor.

Normal dealers get about £50 off retail, so unless 10's are being sold them most people wont bother with the hassle as profits vs hrs spent on it will be pointless.

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Had sort of come to this conclusion, did quite a long search yesterday and everyone i found had the same price :(

Reaction score
I can't see how the BMC would be as good as the ITG, ie u have to have the stupid air feed attached with the most awkward kink, cant be good for airflow :S

Reaction score
Trophy No.
g40steve said:
OOopps was offered one for £200, should of bought it!!!!!!!!

Doh :roll: , yes you should. Think you have to be careful buying off ebay etc as i think fittings are all different (i think, if someone can confirm)

Reaction score
7MAT said:
Cheapest I have seen is K Tec when you combine the cliosport forum discount of 5% comes to £367.25. But then P&P is an extra £10.00. :(

Anyone know of somewhere cheaper?

Has anyone contacted Ktec to see if they could beat this price if we managed to get a group buy of ten together?

R2TR

Edit* Infact I'll contact them myself this afternoon and feedback.