Reaction score
I'm interested too at the right price, I e-mailed Ktec, GDI and ITG last night about a possible group buy, I'm sure along with some cliosport members we could get enough names together. I'll post any feedback from these companies....watch this space.

Reaction score
KTec Reply:
The Maxogen kit is by far and away the best kit for the cars, but in all honesty it is our lowest margin item in our entire range. We could make your discount 10% for purchases of 5 or more kits. If you reach 10 kits we will do them carriage free also, but this must be 10 bought and paid for kits to get the free carriage. We often find with group buys that 10 turns out to be 6 serious buyers, in the past we have lost money doing this. Please see how many people you can get interested and I will do my best to ensure the best deal can be reached.

Thus £386.58 less 10% = £347.92
Postage is £10
Still awaiting ITG and GDI replies but I have to say £348 is still too much for me!

Reaction score
PPTom said:
KTec Reply:
The Maxogen kit is by far and away the best kit for the cars, but in all honesty it is our lowest margin item in our entire range. We could make your discount 10% for purchases of 5 or more kits. If you reach 10 kits we will do them carriage free also, but this must be 10 bought and paid for kits to get the free carriage. We often find with group buys that 10 turns out to be 6 serious buyers, in the past we have lost money doing this. Please see how many people you can get interested and I will do my best to ensure the best deal can be reached.

Thus £386.58 less 10% = £347.92
Postage is £10
Still awaiting ITG and GDI replies but I have to say £348 is still too much for me!

£348 is a lot of money, but I'm slowly coming round to accepting it, remember you will see a high percentage of your money back when it comes to selling it on again.

I emailed ITG Direct this weekend asking for there best price for 10 units, no responce!

Reaction score
7MAT said:
£348 is a lot of money, but I'm slowly coming round to accepting it, remember you will see a high percentage of your money back when it comes to selling it on again.

I emailed ITG Direct this weekend asking for there best price for 10 units, no responce!

I agree mate, £350 is a lot of money for a very small gain. (Anyone have a standard car with before & after results?)

But I agree you'll recoop 2/3rds of your money come resale time.

I will watch this

Reaction score
Just spoke to a chap at ITG. They do not do group buys anymore because of bad previous experiences. He advised that the Ktec price would be pretty impossible to beat by anyone else and that the direct price from ITG is £400.68 including VAT and postage.
I suppose Ktecs 10% isn't bad but I was hoping for nearer the £300 figure, it just seems easier to justify to myself.

Cue

Reaction score
Trophy No.
who's spoken to Tony @ ITG? I understand we have to use k-tec is this correct?

EDIT: you were posting while i was writing.... You can buy them direct off ITG's site for £329 so K-tec are going to have sharpen their pencils.

Cue

Reaction score
Trophy No.
hmmn that's £386 inc Vat - delivery on top but there are ways around this if we grouped together geographically.

Cue

Reaction score
Trophy No.
looking at the figures i guess the best we can grind K-tec down to would be around the £330-£340 mark inc postage..... If this was possible who's in and who's out?

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Think it's bite the bullet time, it's unlikely we are going to see them for much less than the k-tec offer, any takers?

edit; cue you beat me to it, AGAIN.

Reaction score
I think the problem with group buys as Ktec and ITG have said are that there are too many let downs and the numbers drop. How about some sort of deposit from any interested buyers (£50). That way the interest would be confirmed and we may be in a better position to negotiate??
I'd be OK with £330 delivered

Cue

Reaction score
Trophy No.
i'd be in at that figure, I think strategically we should get Clio Sport in on this - the extra people would ensure we at least hit 10, possibly more. Also, maybe waiting till January would help a few people, £300+ 4 weeks before xmas may put off a few potential buyers.

What's everyone's opinions?

Reaction score
Trophy No.
I'm easy, i'm not going to be able to do anything about fitting till after the christmas madness anyway.

Reaction score
I'm impatient. I think if there are 5 definate buyers now I'd go for a deal. There must be some one on here good at negotiating who can also winkle out free delivery from Ktec. I've followed alot of group buys on cliosport and there is always lots of initial interest and lots of drop outs, it could be a right pain in the arse to arrange and for a minimal saving

Reaction score
PPTom said:
. I've followed alot of group buys on cliosport and there is always lots of initial interest and lots of drop outs, it could be a right pain in the arse to arrange and for a minimal saving

Like the 'buy' on wheels last year.

I'll source my own............better than that!

Reaction score
PPTom said:
I'm impatient. I think if there are 5 definate buyers now I'd go for a deal. There must be some one on here good at negotiating who can also winkle out free delivery from Ktec. I've followed alot of group buys on cliosport and there is always lots of initial interest and lots of drop outs, it could be a right pain in the arse to arrange and for a minimal saving

I tend to agree, lets bite the bullet now. Plus I should have a bit of time over the Xmas break to get it fitted.

Reaction score
Trophy No.
PPTom said:

This was my thinking behind my earlier post on a 3 or 4 person "mini" group buy, far less hassle. But like i said i'm easy, i want to do a before and after RR so wont be fitting for a litttle while.

Cue

Reaction score
Trophy No.
i'm in the same boat as you Jules, i want to see what effect the max will have, 24k service is scheduled in for around jan time at RS tuning so will be doing the fitting then with a remap.