Reaction score
Hi there everyone, im the new owner of Trophy 309. Been driving it for less than a day and i really cant understand why ive not bought one before, amazing!

However it has adjustable rear dampers and ive been told by the guy that there on full hardness however after driving ive noticed that the car tends to handle really skittishly especially under hard breaking, it almost snakes. Just wondering if anyone knows the best settings to use or best place to start with them.

Cheers Sean

Reaction score
I've got them on mine set at about 2/3 from fully soft which after much fiddling found to be my preferred setting, its worth having a fiddle and finding the setting that suits you best!

Reaction score
Trophy No.
So they are the Koni then? That's good info in that thread but there are other things to take into consideration too. What tyres are fitted and the pressure they are running at, geometry and also the state of the dampers, front and back, themselves. Are the fronts unpinned as well?

Reaction score
Hi Sean I've messaged you on CS.net but you need to check that there the standard Koni top adjustable rears and not upgraded ones by Mark Fish or myself. What your probably finding is that there set at full hardness and then rear end has no give in it and skips slightly possibly kicking in the ESP under braking. Feel free to message me and I'll chat it through with you.....

Reaction score
Thanks for the replys guys, not been concentrating on the trophy much due to work hense why I didn't notice. There standard konis I belive bought from larkspeed. The fronts have recently been refurbed and unpinned at cornering force. Currently running full soft on the back until such a time as I can have a play and when I find the right number of clicks for the front to make sure there all OK. Ta! Sean

Reaction score
Full soft on the rear - I started there when my Konis went on and it was laughable, bouncing all over the place. Only lasted half a mile before the first turn was made.

Good luck finding your optimum setting, it may take a while but enjoy the process of making adjustments, driving, and finding out what you like & what complements your driving style.

Reaction score
aha well ive now finished work for four days so il be having a play. First going to have a look at the graphs and what have you from cornering force and ensure the fronts are set up as should be then il start from 50/50 and try get it all working in harmony. Taking a trip up yorkshire camping wednesday so going to try and find some nice back roads!