Reaction score
Anyone know any info on this car - 4 previous owners someone one must know something.

Its very local to me - got 70000 miles on the clock - Engine light is on - so i reakon it could be a cheap one... Any info.

Cheers

is1

Reaction score
Is this the one on eBay? I think it has been through eBay about 3 times the last week and a half, perhaps not making the reserve, although at one point it had got up to about £4,000 odd I think.
I note it has bonnet pins and wonder whether it is a track day hero returned to standard.
In an earlier auction, there was a photo of a deep scratch on one side and it mentions a couple of the alloys will need tidying.
Add in sorting that plus belts(?), Sachs(?), a service, the engine management light and it's not exactly a bargain for a 70k miler even if you got it for £4.5K. In other words, you're drifting towards £6K and there are probably "cleaner" ones available around that price straight from the horse's mouth (i.e. a private owner, you can see where they live, do you like them etc.).
Also, all 4 previous owners will no doubt have enjoyed the car if you know what I mean:)

is1

Reaction score
I should also add, it seems to have a non-Trophy front bumper (the pictures show headlight washers if I am correct, the Trophy does not have these).
Could the engine management light be due to a decat? If so, and there is an MOT issue, add a little bit on for that.

Reaction score
Yeah was thinking that myself - just seeing if anyone else on here knows anything about it - Im off in a test spin in the morning so will report back on Monday after creamfields on what I thought of the T - Never knew it had been on a while on ebay - the belts are done however this was 30000 miles ago - the SACHS the sales man didn;t really know much about them .. so anything to look out for? I reakon it could be a bargin to be had - Never knew that about the Bumper mind - That will stun him too if thats confirmed that the Trophys dont have washers.

Cheers IS1 just the feedback and answers I was after.

But at least I can take it for a spin. [-o<

Reaction score
Yeah it is 392 ...

What are TBs?

I commented on the washers on the front bumper saying that the T didn't come with them.

The pins on the bonnet look horrific.

Was a lovely car to drive thou - Put an offer in thou - Find out tomorrow whether its been accepted.

It does require alot of work thou ... Nothing abit of TLC cant fix.

Reaction score
EH ?? :?: @ Above -

Suddenly got what TB are 'Thorttle Bodies' DUH @ Simon :lol:

Therefore its been ragged.

So Everyone - What things to look out for ?

The Sachs - Belts, Alloys need referbingare the things I noticed.

Clutch, Gear Box?

The bonnet lots of stone chips. Can be sorted after some TLC.

Also the engine management light is on - So the Decatted - How much to sort this out ? A complete new exhaust system?
http://www.k-tecracing.com/show_product ... 40&appid=2
Something like this?

How much would you pay ??

3 previous owners this one :roll:

Reaction score
Well apparently it was sold this morning ... for the asking price the dealer wanted - I made an offer yesterday but didn't bite - Shame really was looking forward to doing it up and bringing it back to its prime.

is1

Reaction score
So what was the asking price? I reckon it needed a couple of thousand pounds worth of work on it, and that was just the obvious stuff. Who knows what else if, as it seems, it may have had a hard life.

Reaction score
£3600 it sold for I believe - However I offered £3000 for it - Due to the amount of work required and I supposed its not a genuine T since its had a new bumper. :)

How ever it would have been a nice little project to bring it back to life. 8)

Reaction score
Well Done MATT - When do you collect it? Or has it already been collected?

Got any plans for it ?

You local to KNaresborough?

Reaction score
ARR ur the one - when did u buy it - coz I test drove it Saturday morning and someone mentioned u were coming to see it- however when I went back Monday - to see if it sold on ebay it wasn't - and no one else took it for a test spin over the weekend coz I parked it badly - unless ur a bad parker too - So took it for another spin on Monday and the guy made me an offer and I made him one back but he didnt take it so I phoned up Tuesday morning and he said it was sold.

So whats ur plans ? Remove the bonnet clips?

Reaction score
Hinckley, Leics. *182 breaking for spares*
Tried to get up Sat but was too busy and i missed the auction as i was at a trackday in Anglesey but it didn't make the reserve, so i phoned him up when i got back and put a deposit down over the phone, he said if i wasn't happy with it they would just reverse the payment.
Went up after work and had a good look round it and came home with it.
Yeah, will be returning it back to pretty much standard.

Mat.