Reaction score
hi all just been down to redline tuning in basildon and had my T put on the rolling road i have got milltek, sports cat and a ITG induction kit it produced 184.3hp

Attachments

• scan0002.jpg
    scan0002.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 57
Reaction score
how much they charging for that fella? People alright there? Sounds like a good powered 182 there.

Reaction score
i aint really to sure where i am going to get the chip and re map done yet the blokes at redline tuning say 450 for a piggy back ecu and remap and chip custom but i dunno maybe my mechanic can advise me bit more going see him tomorrow there really freindly at redline would recommend it was 60 pound :p

Reaction score
Theres no real need to go for a piggy back setup tbh.

The standard ecu can be reprogrammed. RS tuning in leeds have a great reputation. Fastchip's RStuner is a great alternative too (got one myself - great value too) Loads other out there too

Reaction score
i wasnt to interested when he was saying about that way i would go stand alone :D

Reaction score
aarontrophy said:
i wasnt to interested when he was saying about that way i would go stand alone :D

Thats a great power result.

No need for standalone engine management unless you are going for ITB's etc. Just a custom remap will do. Stop calling it a chip though :wink:

Reaction score
had mine rolling roaded a few months ago, it produced 188.1bhp, thats with K&N Gen 2 and Milltek exhaust, inc decat! :D

Reaction score
In a non chavvy way, what sort of 0-60 times can you expect now?

I'm just about to start a 205 gti6 conversion and might be tempted to change my plans if modding the trophy becomes a faster option.

Thanks

Reaction score
graham said:

I'm just about to start a 205 gti6 conversion and might be tempted to change my plans if modding the trophy becomes a faster option.

Thanks

i have a 205 gti and i wanna do that conversion :D :D

Reaction score
A Trophy doesn't stand a chance against a 205 GTI6 conversion. The 205 weighs less than a bag of sugar...

Reaction score
graham said:

Thanks

Its probably very similar sort of straigfht-line pace, but the 205 would probably be slightly quicker round track, maybe not though as the Trophy is newer and has a better set-up. It has less weight but also less power and torque than the Trophy. Trophy would be maybe a tad under 6.5 0-60 after a couple of simple mods.

But surely not just speed comes into this? In terms of being a car to live with there is no contest between the 2.

Reaction score
A well modded 205 will trounce a CT around the track I know as they regulary beat mine by 4 secs at harewood hillclimb but a standard gti6 conversion wouldnt be too far off a CT.

Reaction score
shiftspark said:
A well modded 205 will trounce a CT around the track I know as they regulary beat mine by 4 secs at harewood hillclimb but a standard gti6 conversion wouldnt be too far off a CT.

Agreed - weight is the big factor - easy to get under 800 kg, even in prod class and they do not have any emission controls - hence happliy gurgle away on Webers. I recently got near to one in the DC5, but needed super sticky tyres.