hyb

Reaction score
Currently fitted to my trophy, only done about 3000 miles on it, looks great and gives a nice tone under acceleration. Paid just over £400 fitted at Janspeed themselves. Looking for £275.

Ollie has first refusal as he messaged me about it a week ago, but if he doesn't want it its up for grabs :)

email probably quickest - j.pardon@gmail.com

Selling due to putting my car back to standard to sell

*Alternatively buy it for £12,395 and get a Clio trophy free

hyb

Reaction score
kifmToysAllHot_Wheels_Collectibles__1_18_Scale_Ferrari_Testarossa_Die_Cast_Vehicle1-resized200.jpg

Sure can buddy

hyb

Reaction score
Now with pics

(Cardboard included can be negotiable)

Attachments

• IMG_9035.jpg
    IMG_9035.jpg
    196.8 KB · Views: 145
  • IMG_9033.jpg
    IMG_9033.jpg
    244.3 KB · Views: 145

dsp

Reaction score
How loud does it make the exhaust sound? I am looking to upgrade the standard system for two reasons:
1) To get rid of the annoying rattle at mid revs.
2) To get a more sporting exhaust note.

I see it is a single rear silencer, I guess this provides less restrictions and less weight.

Does the standard system need to be cut off? I spoke to K-TEC, they said it does. Also they quoted £375 for removal and fitting of a Janspeed Cat back system, is this where you went?

Its a pity you don't still have it on the car as I am just down the road and could have had a listen!

Reaction score
dsp said:
How loud does it make the exhaust sound? I am looking to upgrade the standard system for two reasons:
1) To get rid of the annoying rattle at mid revs.
2) To get a more sporting exhaust note.

I see it is a single rear silencer, I guess this provides less restrictions and less weight.

Does the standard system need to be cut off? I spoke to K-TEC, they said it does. Also they quoted £375 for removal and fitting of a Janspeed Cat back system, is this where you went?

Its a pity you don't still have it on the car as I am just down the road and could have had a listen!

It is not very loud.

1) It gets rid of the rattles
2) It is more sporting (but not all that louder)

It is a single silencer and much much lighter than the original. This to me is one of the main benefits.

The standard system is cut off in two pieces but is easily put back.

A new unit is 280+vat from K-tec. Janspeed will fit it for around £50-60.

Cheers
Oliver[/b]

dsp

Reaction score
Thanks for the info. It sounds as though you are pleased with it. I think that is my only complaint with the vehicle, but understand that these days manufacturers are limited with noise restrictions, emissions etc. I has an Impreza WRX before this and fitted the Prodrive back box immediately. What a transformation in sound and response!

Have you noticed the Trophy being more responsive low down? and how would you describe the tone of noise it makes now (rasping/deeper/or what)?

Thanks

hyb

Reaction score
It should be made illegal to not have an aftermarket exhaust fitted to a wrx, flat 4 burble rocks :D I had Blitz Nur spec exhasust on mine, my girlfriend could hear me pull up outside the hospital and she works on the 7th floor