Reaction score
Hello im new to this site I'm a member on the cliosport forum I currently own a low milage mk1 clio v6, im looking to sell it pretty soon had a few offers around £11.5- 12K, ive been drawn between two cars for a while now, one is trophy, because i love clios and i get the feeling the trophy is one of the best!

But i would also love a DC5, so different, as much fun as a Trophy and bit quicker, awsome interior and they are not renault: :?

Has anyone owned both/ driven both, could you persuade me either way? Thanks

P.S heres pic of car

Attachments

• Image121 (Small).jpg
    Image121 (Small).jpg
    54.3 KB · Views: 821

rojer386

ClioTrophy Club Member
Reaction score
Trophy No.
I looked at both the DC2 and the DC5 before buying the Trophy. I found the DC2 a bit too ''raw'' for any sort of long distance i.e it has no sound deding in the car to reduce weight. The DC5, imo, is an awesome car. The only thing about it is insurance, Honda Insurance would not even provide a quote as it is an import. As they are all imports insurance for me, was sky high. When enquiring about servicing etc at Honda, I found that some of them didn't want to know.

I have now owned my Trophy for 4 months and have never looked back at buying it. My friend has recently had both a DC2 and DC5 and after driving the Trophy said he would not mind owning one.

Good luck on your decision!

Brian

Cue

Reaction score
Trophy No.
I think Ollie has a mate with a DC5, not sure if he's driving it at the mo (ban I hear) but he maybe good for a comparison. He posted about it about a month back - he commented on the DC5 and Trophy.

Reaction score
Not sure if you are referring to my mate who drives a DC2 which I mentioned recently?

Anyways, the DC2 and the Trophy are both great cars, we've not been out at the same time for a scientific test, but they both feel of similar pace and ability. My mate bought his DC2 as he did not want another hatchback, and I bought my Trophy because I did! Horses for courses!

I personally would not buy a DC5, I just don't feel happy with the whole grey import thing, and the fact that not one mag feature that I read said it was as good as the DC2...

Reaction score
Cue said:
yeh, was my mistake - i thought he had a DC5. I heard the DC2 was a better, rawrer package anyway.

End of the day not much IS as raw as a DC2 so when the DC5 appeared it was criticised for that..but many other cars which are not as RAW as the DC5 get good reviews cos they have nothing to compare back to which was as RAW as a DC2. Like clios, focus's, etc etc..

Magazines paid to critisce..DC5 awsome car. utter honda reliability ensure import not a worry in my book., And yes i owned a DC2 for 2 years before it :wink:

Cue

Reaction score
Trophy No.
the only thing that would make me not want a DC5 would be the import thing. The DC2 is getting on a bit also so it'd have to be the Trophy. I'm never going to get rid of mine unless I absolutely have no other choice.