Reaction score
Just been looking around for insurance as mine is running out soon. Tesco quoted £381 fully comp with courtesy car £250 excess and legal protection. Didn't think that was bad as some people on here have been quoted over £700 from the main insurers. Tesco are underwritten by Direct Line so the policy is excellent. Give them a try.

Reaction score
Tesco wanted silly money from me even though my laon is with them. Next time i renew it will be with Greenlight who can offer track day cover. woo, they have qouted me about £200 less.

Reaction score
Odd, I'm with direct line (directly as it were) and they're dirt cheap. Tesco were a bit dearer and wanted the car on a drive or in garage to cover...

amm

Reaction score
bigjon said:
Just been looking around for insurance as mine is running out soon. Tesco quoted £381 fully comp with courtesy car £250 excess and legal protection. Didn't think that was bad as some people on here have been quoted over £700 from the main insurers. Tesco are underwritten by Direct Line so the policy is excellent. Give them a try.
how old are you and are you shore it was a trophy not a 182 you was quoted on

Reaction score
I am 31 with the car on my drive and 9 years no claims, I will shop around now and give some others a try

Reaction score
try getting insurance for an under 30, 9 points and 1 write-off against you :)

amm

Reaction score
bigjon said:
I am 31 with the car on my drive and 9 years no claims, I will shop around now and give some others a try
i have just been on tesco and they don't have any trophy's on there system if you was to insure your car as a 182 i am not shore i they would pay out if any thing happened as the trophy is grope 17 and the 182 is grope 16 insurance

Reaction score
It should automatically find your car as soon as you put your reg no in. It classed mine as a 2.0i Clio 182. As it found that car I assume they know what type of 182 it is

Reaction score
Just renewed mine with directline and they have it down as a renault sport clio 182 2.0 ltr trophy. When i gave her my reg number she specifically mentioned the trophy part.

Reaction score
amm said:
bigjon said:
i have just been on tesco and they don't have any trophy's on there system if you was to insure your car as a 182 i am not shore i they would pay out if any thing happened as the trophy is grope 17 and the 182 is grope 16 insurance

im with tesco. Says trophy on the insurance form

Reaction score
Direct line quoted me £130 more than last year?? even though I've been with them for years and got full no claims - I think they just make it up as they go along.
Switched to the AA - £30 cheaper than last years - £440

Reaction score
I am 42 and got mine for £340 went on confused .com and Norwich union came out best.